Photo

All Things Hugh Jackman

Everyone:

Please realize that this thread is TEN YEARS OLD

At this point, yes, we ALL know Hugh Jackman is now too old for the role of Roarke. So, it's no longer necessary to point out the obvious.

I'm going to please ask everyone to try and limit their posts here to posts that ADD to the discussion. News stories about Hugh...discussions of current movie roles....recent photos...ok. Pointing out that he's too old now for Roarke? Not ok. We know. Move on.

• Please log in to reply
2868 replies to this topic

#21 caro

caro

Civilian

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 03:28 AM

I must say that the picture Carole posted of Hugh (the stud) Jackman is a mighty, mighty, mighty fine!

Caro

#22 Guest_stowe_*

Guest_stowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:38 PM

Not that I want to be charged with sedition, or anything, but having sat through (or at least been in the room with) both X-men movies and two (2) complete DVDs detailing the making of, thoughts behind, storyboards for, etc, etc, etc (argh!) the movies and seen a fair amount of Hugh Jackman on screen over the weekend, I have a confession. I don't get the fascination. I mean, he's adorable (and I confess I played the bit of him saying "Wolverine is a state of mind!" over a time or two because I thought it was so funny) but I don't get a dark, dangerous Roarke vibe from him. I just can't imagine Roarke whooping with laughter when presented with an action figure of himself. I liked him a lot - but in a, "cool, Hugh Jackman" not a "ooohhhh Hugh Jackman" kinda way.

living proof that it takes all kinds,
Stowe
(dodging rotten fruit)

#23 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 1st Deputy Commissioner
  • 11,145 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Detective Peabody

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:59 PM

Don't worry, Stowe, if you don't 'get it', I figure that's one less body between me and Hugh. (or would that be his wife?)

But that's the thing about Hugh Jackman. He is so completely different from the characters he plays, and he's able to play such a range of characters, that I really think he'd get inside Roarke's skin and give us a really good portrayal. How many actors can convincingly play Wolverine, Curley, the very gay Peter Allen and Leopold?

And for a threatening vibe, maybe this photo will do it?
[lib]thumb_hugh_really_closeup.jpg[/lib]

[ Edited by caroleb on 2003/12/2 12:08 ]

#24 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,145 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:03 PM

Sorry, just can't resist this one...picture Roarke in Brian's pub, listening to a sad (are there any other kind?) Irish song...

[lib]thumb_hugh_blk_dreamy.jpg[/lib]

#25 Guest_stowe_*

Guest_stowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:01 PM

ooh, nice pic. Makes you want to be the woman he's thinking of, doesn't it?

Stowe

#26 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,145 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:19 PM

Ok, sorry to anyone who isn't enjoying this but my in-house applications are down so I can't do any work right now, and I really really like this photo too.

[lib]thumb_hugh_mag_beard_stand.jpg[/lib]

#27 pandora049

pandora049

Rookie

• Members+
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 09:32 PM

stowe wrote:
Not that I want to be charged with sedition, or anything, but having sat through (or at least been in the room with) both X-men movies and two (2) complete DVDs detailing the making of, thoughts behind, storyboards for, etc, etc, etc (argh!) the movies and seen a fair amount of Hugh Jackman on screen over the weekend, I have a confession. I don't get the fascination. I mean, he's adorable (and I confess I played the bit of him saying "Wolverine is a state of mind!" over a time or two because I thought it was so funny) but I don't get a dark, dangerous Roarke vibe from him. I just can't imagine Roarke whooping with laughter when presented with an action figure of himself.  I liked him a lot - but in a, "cool, Hugh Jackman" not a "ooohhhh Hugh Jackman" kinda way. 

My thoughts exactly. Hugh is certainly nice to look at, and he can act. Still, doesn't make him Roarke. Please don't hurt me. :scared:

#28 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,145 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:10 AM

I won't hurt you, Pandora. Like Stowe, you're just one more body I don't have to climb over to get to Hugh. :-)

Just think how depressed I'm going to be if they cast a different Roarke! :-x

#29 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,365 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:14 PM

stowe wrote:
I just can't imagine Roarke whooping with laughter when presented with an action figure of himself. 

Oh, I have to disagree with this. I think Roarke would think a Roarke action figure was hilarious. Eve would, too. I could see them both getting a big belly laugh out of that.

AJ

#30 verbalme

verbalme

Officer

• Members+
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, I agree with AJ. Hugh can definitely do the whooping laugh thing. Oh man, my heart melted when I saw him with that killer grin. Yum yum yum.
I was laughing when I saw how many pictures Caroleb posted. This, laydees, is a true Hugh fanatic. :-D

#31 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,145 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:54 PM

I was laughing when I saw how many pictures Caroleb posted. This, laydees, is a true Hugh fanatic.

Who, me? :bag:

#32 caro

caro

Civilian

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 04:08 AM

I must say that I just saw Swordfish for the first time with Hugh (sigh) and I think he is yummy. There is the scene where his character is creating a virus (or something) on a very elaborate comupter system. I must say that it was a very private room Roarke moment. :love:

Caro

#33 tenaci0us

tenaci0us

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 781 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 02:15 AM

I must say that I just saw Swordfish for the first time with Hugh (sigh) and I think he is yummy.  There is the scene where his character is creating a virus (or something) on a very elaborate comupter system.  I must say that it was a very private room Roarke moment.

I was flipping through the channels tonight and I happen to fall upon this very scene. I can see him playing Roarke....I really really can, especially after seeing that scene. hmmm maybe I should ask for that movie for Christmas. hehe

Christina :-)

#34 verbalme

verbalme

Officer

• Members+
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 02:29 AM

I must say that I just saw Swordfish for the first time with Hugh (sigh) and I think he is yummy.  There is the scene where his character is creating a virus (or something) on a very elaborate comupter system.  I must say that it was a very private room Roarke moment.

Really? I watched Swordfish but can't recall that scene. Ooh, must catch that one again...somehow. Haha!

#35 Guest_stowe_*

Guest_stowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2003 - 02:01 PM

I saw part of the movie on TBS Saturday night. The scene that sold Hugh to me was the one with the little girl - you know, the one where he wanted to cry but didn't want to let her see how upset he was. Made you just want to wrap your arms around the guy.

Stowe

#36 caro

caro

Civilian

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:58 PM

Yes, that was one of my favorite scenes. I almost cried too.

:cry:

Can't you just picture him comforting Eve after one of her famous nightmares?

Caro

#37 tenaci0us

tenaci0us

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 11:30 PM

Get your napkins ready ladies!

[lib]hugh_towel.jpg[/lib]

I rented Swordfish this weekend and here is a tastey piece of eye candy!

Christina :drool:

#38 caro

caro

Civilian

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 02:24 AM

This picture makes me think of the Saturday Night Live skit of Wayne's World. One of Mike Meyer's favorite expressions for someone who was good looking was;

SHA--WING!!!

Hugh is definitely SHA--WING in this picture!!! :lech: :fire:

#39 verbalme

verbalme

Officer

• Members+
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 06:04 AM

:lol: I remember reading Hugh's comments that in each movie, he had to bare his bod because the director wanted him to. He bared it in Swordfish, Someone Like You, X-Men.

Not that we're complaining. :lech:

#40 tenaci0us

tenaci0us

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 02:23 PM

:lol: I remember reading Hugh's comments that in each movie, he had to bare his bod because the director wanted him to. He bared it in Swordfish, Someone Like You, X-Men. 

Not that we're complaining. :lech:

Thank God for those wonderful directors!! :-D

Christina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users