#21 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,702 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:12 PM

[quote name='Donna' post='113023' date='Dec 17 2005, 06:12 PM']If they ever make a droid that is modeled after Roarke, I'll buy a dozen of them.[/quote]

Hmm. Would that droid have to be "fully functional"?(Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more)!!!! :lol:
[/quote]

Shayde....
I like the way you think!
I certainly wouldn't want my Roarke droid to be as anatomically bland as a Ken doll.
Didn't they use droids in prison for conjugical visits?

Edited by Donna, 18 December 2005 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image
"He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...)

Women are much like angels. When you break our wings we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why so many people appear to be bright until they open their mouths.

Diva of In Death

#22 InDeathFan4Life

InDeathFan4Life

Civilian

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:54 PM

They used Droids and LC's I believe. NASTY on both parts (well except for Charles of course).

oh, and the R droid would HAVE to be correct of course! :clapping:

#23 katie

katie

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:03 AM

I like that the cars of the future can fly but still travel on roads too and people use it both ways. :drive: It's a believable futuristic machine. And who doesn't think a flying car is cool?

Bear in mind flying cars have been around for a while now. Problem is they aren't really practical for everyday use and do take up quite a bit of road. To say nothing of possible traffic problems. After all, just who gets right of way when taking off....?

What flying cars? What have I missed? :shock:

katie

#24 Tweetie

Tweetie

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 902 posts

• Favorite Character: McNabb

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:12 PM

I'm starting to see books and writing papers being eliminated. In some of the public schools, the students aren't using textbooks anymore, they're assigned a laptop. At my son's school, they haven't quite done that yet, but they're turning in their essay/research papers via email now.

Can you imagine a world without real books? That would be awful!!! :cry_1:
Thuy (pronounced like "Twee")
AKA Party Queen
AKA Mama Thuy or Mrs. Stephen's Mom

#25 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,704 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:23 PM

Can you imagine a world without real books? That would be awful!!! :cry_1:

Kind of gives you more of an appreciation for Roarke's fondness for the traditional...i.e. real books, movies, even weaponry. Without people like Roarke in the future, these things would be gone forever!

AJ

#26 amanda_tlg

amanda_tlg

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:03 PM

Sorry guys, but I must be one of the few here that wouldn't want this invention. My husband and I have a better way to warm up after a shower. (And get your minds out of the gutter, that's not what I'm talking about! :P ) When one of us is in the bath, the other will take their towel and PJs and toss them in the dryer for a few mintues. Sure, it kills the electric bill, but it's a small price to pay. I wouldn't give up that little ritual for anything. However, I'll take a house cleaning droid the minute they hit the market!
Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here. -Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets

#27 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,704 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:38 PM

Sorry guys, but I must be one of the few here that wouldn't want this invention. My husband and I have a better way to warm up after a shower. (And get your minds out of the gutter, that's not what I'm talking about! :P ) When one of us is in the bath, the other will take their towel and PJs and toss them in the dryer for a few mintues. Sure, it kills the electric bill, but it's a small price to pay. I wouldn't give up that little ritual for anything. However, I'll take a house cleaning droid the minute they hit the market!

I don't think this is so much to "warm up" after a shower as much as it is to actually dry off after a shower. I assume you do that before you put your PJs on?

AJ

#28 KGrove

KGrove

Civilian

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:30 AM

I just saw a new product on HDTV's I Want That that made me think of Roarke's cool shower.

They're these water nozzle tiles that can be mounted in the wall and ceiling.

I've always imagined that as Roarke's shower and it actually exists! :B):
Cat Haiku

The food in my bowl
Is old, and more to the point
Contains no tuna,

Your mouth is moving;
Up and down, emitting noise.
Iíve lost interest.

The dog wags his tail,
Seeking approval. See mine?
Different message.

X- Men 3
"Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

#29 Jenny

Jenny

Traffic Cop

• Members+
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

The Autochef, by and far, is the most coveted technological item for me.

Flying cars? Drying tubes? Who needs 'em.

A little machine that spits out my dinner on command. Now, THAT is the life. :lol:

#30 Cassady

Cassady

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 04:01 PM

I think most of us are in agreement that the "Autochef" is the next big item on our Christmas lists! Hope they are working hard on that one! :clapping:

#31 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,704 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:01 PM

Well, here's the latest addition to "In Death Technology Today":

The "Fighting Android"

Attached File  boxing_android.jpg   68.11KB   41 downloads

When the apparatus is in an inside fighting position, the fighter can also perfect uppercuts, left and right hooks to the body or other such punches. Using an ordinary punching bag, the fighter cannot readily perfect these punches. In a manual mode of operation, the sparring partner moves at variable speeds to accommodate each fighter's skill level. Programming allows the device to punch, dodge punches, throw counterpunches, or move up and down in accordance with selected sequence movements, or alternate fighting styles. The apparatus may be equipped with sensors that cause it to react to various moves or punches thrown by the fighter. Moreover, the apparatus may be equipped with sensors such that it can move in any direction to follow an opponent during sparring sessions. That is to say, the device may twist, turn or reposition itself to the left or right to face a fighter that has moved. This repositioning can be achieved either through a programmed manual mode or by a remote controller.

Unfortunately, right now, this guy can only stand in a stationary position, but hey, in another 50 years, he may be dancing around the ring just like the fighting androids Eve spars with.

:eka:

AJ

#32 Poppy

Poppy

Officer

• Members+
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:32 PM

I need one of those. It would be so much fun to take all my hostility and agression out on one of those.

Poppy

#33 amanda_tlg

amanda_tlg

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 604 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:34 PM

I need one of those. It would be so much fun to take all my hostility and agression out on one of those.

Poppy

I totally agree.....except since I hit like a sissy, I would need one that never hits me back.
Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here. -Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets

#34 Shayde

Shayde

Deputy Inspector

• Members+
  • 3,108 posts

• Favorite Character: Summerset

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

Unfortunately, right now, this guy can only stand in a stationary position, but hey, in another 50 years, he may be dancing around the ring just like the fighting androids Eve spars with.

I don't know about the droid dancing around the ring, I always thought they ended up getting so badly trashed they become unusable!!! :cheer:

:eka: Especially if it's the backside of a; Vending machine, boxing droid, somebody dumb enough to call her Mrs Roarke, or any poor fool from Maintenance who stupidly gets in her way!!!!
He says he's clever, suave and devilishly handsome. 'Tis a shame he's also a liar....

#35 GalahadJoe

GalahadJoe

Detective

• Members+
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 07:52 PM

Hmm i wonder what the differance is between a cell phone and a communication link? is it like some sort of walkie talkie?
Every warrior's Life is but a moment...

#36 capriccio820

capriccio820

Rookie

• Members+
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:55 PM

Thats great. My brother just got a punching bag for christmas and I've been using it before he gets it to his own place. This would be so much better though.

#37 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

Hmm i wonder what the differance is between a cell phone and a communication link? is it like some sort of walkie talkie?

I kind of thoght the communication link was like a cell phone with video.
Posted Image
"He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...)

Women are much like angels. When you break our wings we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why so many people appear to be bright until they open their mouths.

Diva of In Death

#38 amanda_tlg

amanda_tlg

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

I always pictured the links as those direct-connect type of cell phones. The ones where you just push a button to page someone else, and they are regular phones, too.

#39 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:05 PM

My husband was just telling me about a manufacturer who is working on a car that can drive itself. This car was tested in a controlled area, but will soon be driven on the streets. I have to remember to ask Denny where he hear this. Anyway, it reminded me of when Eve is dead-tired and puts her car on auto pilot.
Posted Image

Diva of In Death

#40 WindSeeker

WindSeeker

Detective

• Members+
  • 548 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve, Galahad, or Summerset

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:00 AM

I saw the commercial for this on TV, and I was like, "WOW! That's like an ID car!!"
http://cars.about.co...f_06acurarl.htm
Quoted from the above article:

"Most fun and impressive is the Voice Recognition feature, through which you can control many of the features of the car, from sound to climate to navigation. Press a button on the multi-function steering wheel, and the RL is ready for your command. Acura says that the RL can recognize 560 voice commands plus all US city and street names. In my week of driving it was well over 90 percent accurate at interpreting my voice. Though it felt like a toy at first, voice recognition was a big help in keeping my eyes on the road. In addition, Acura has made a successful effort to keep the dash uncluttered. Despite its many functions and capabilities, the dash displays are clean and clear, giving just the information you ask for when you need it, rather than dazzling with flashing lights and displays."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users