#1 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,704 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

Here's another example of technology from the "In Death" world becoming reality today:

The Triton Body Dryer:

After your shower or bath there is no more luxurious way to dry yourself than with Tritonís Luxury Body Dryer. Use the remote control and adjust the heat and power to achieve your ideal setting. Then simply stand and enjoy the feeling of warm air around you as you effortlessly dry your whole body.

Just put that into a "tube," and you've got a drying tube, just like Eve uses!

AJ

#2 SLLick

SLLick

Civilian

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:14 PM

Sounds great. I can't wait for the autochef!!! Do you think you have to make all those dinners to stock the autochef and then it just heats it up like a microwave or do you think it actually makes the selected dish and you just stock it with ingredients?

#3 Poppy

Poppy

Officer

• Members+
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:33 PM

Here's another example of technology from the "In Death" world becoming reality today:

The Triton Body Dryer:

After your shower or bath there is no more luxurious way to dry yourself than with Tritonís Luxury Body Dryer. Use the remote control and adjust the heat and power to achieve your ideal setting. Then simply stand and enjoy the feeling of warm air around you as you effortlessly dry your whole body.

Just put that into a "tube," and you've got a drying tube, just like Eve uses!

AJ

I want one. My apartment is soooo cold in the mornings, I hate taking showers and I can't shave. It's awful. I cold also use an autochef too but that's what husbands are for. :lol:

Poppy

#4 dee

dee

Officer

• Members+
  • 205 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

Slick...I picture the Auto Chef as something you stock with the food and you make the selestion and it heats it up, if heating is required. Think this way because there have been ocassions when the Auto Chef has run out of certain items.

#5 slainte

slainte

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:17 AM

I sure wouldn't mind having one. It doesn't look to hard to install. Some days I would give anything for an auto chef, since the husband won't cook and I don't trust the kids in the kitchen on their own yet, looks like I'm stuck until one comes along.
Some Native American Wisdom

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner:

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time."

When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, "The one I feed the most."

#6 CrystalAnne1229

CrystalAnne1229

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:18 AM

I'm incredibly cold-natured. The biggest problem with that invention? I'd never come out.
Mother of future rock stars Nicholas and Bethany

#7 InDeathFan4Life

InDeathFan4Life

Civilian

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:22 AM

omg this is so great. I LOVE the futuristic things in the books. I would love a life of things like that to play with. lol

#8 capriccio820

capriccio820

Rookie

• Members+
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:49 AM

sometimes I wonder if ideas for things come from books. Do you think someone could have read on of the earlier In Death books and thought hey thats actually easily do-able? It just makes you think!
And... I really want one of those!

#9 KGrove

KGrove

Civilian

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:13 AM

I like that the cars of the future can fly but still travel on roads too and people use it both ways. :drive: It's a believable futuristic machine. And who doesn't think a flying car is cool?
Cat Haiku

The food in my bowl
Is old, and more to the point
Contains no tuna,

Your mouth is moving;
Up and down, emitting noise.
Iíve lost interest.

The dog wags his tail,
Seeking approval. See mine?
Different message.

X- Men 3
"Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

#10 Amanda

Amanda

Officer

• Members+
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:01 AM

sounds cool, i wonder if we can all have droids too. But then again, has anybody seen I Robot?
"There are deal breakers for 17 year old boys even married ones. There is a time to keep your mouth shut and there is a time to lie. That was lie time." Brooke Davis-One Tree Hill

Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice. Nora Roberts

#11 DallasLTEvefan

DallasLTEvefan

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,907 posts

• Favorite Character: Peabody, Dallas, and Dr. Mira

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:05 AM

sounds cool, i wonder if we can all have droids too. But then again, has anybody seen I Robot?

I saw that movie and some of the stuff in there did remind me of the indeath world.
I cannot live without books.--Thomas Jefferson

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.--Eleanore Roosevelt

#12 WindSeeker

WindSeeker

Detective

• Members+
  • 548 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve, Galahad, or Summerset

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:17 AM

Or A.I... I hated that movie, but it had a lot of good points.

#13 lauramv

lauramv

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 603 posts

• Favorite Character: Dallas

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:04 PM

very cool, but nora's idea was better. if you put it in a tube, it'll concentrate thea air around you. or maybe it works fine. if anyone calls for a demonstration, come back and tell us what it's like :D
Witches, he thought. Always rhyming. --Morrigan's Cross

#14 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,704 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:57 PM

I don't know if you've seen the Honda commercials that feature their Asimo robot? Honda has just released a new version of him that has many functions...

The New ASIMO has made great leaps forward from its predecessor. In fact, the New ASIMO can walk along with you (holding your hand if you wish), and features advanced mobility, to the extent that ASIMO can now move carts and other objects around at will. And, with a newly developed total control system that controls all of ASIMO's functions, ASIMO can autonomously act as a receptionist, or even deliver drinks on a tray. The New ASIMO is also more agile than before, being able to run at 6km/h, and even turn whilst running.

Here's a photo of Asimo delivering coffee:

Attached File  asimo.jpg   62.21KB   36 downloads

There are video's of Asimo in action HERE.

There's also a new kind of robot coming out of Japan that they call "Actroid"

Attached File  actroid_thumb.jpg   145.94KB   56 downloads

This one doesn't walk like ASIMO, but it can be trained to do basic reception work...greeting people, answering phones and that kind of thing. It can't be too far off that this kind of human-looking robot is combined with a more functional robot like Asimo to come up with one that looks human and performs basic home or office functions.

And, if these robots can be so advanced now, Imagine what they will be able to do with them in another 50 years!!

AJ

#15 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

If they ever make a droid that is modeled after Roarke, I'll buy a dozen of them.
Posted Image
"He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...)

Women are much like angels. When you break our wings we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why so many people appear to be bright until they open their mouths.

Diva of In Death

#16 GalahadJoe

GalahadJoe

Detective

• Members+
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

I recently went shopping and i saw some robotic type pets and it reminded me of the ID series. im sure in time they will be more realistic but even at the stages i see them now it is one thing that reminds me of the ID technology.
Every warrior's Life is but a moment...

#17 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:16 AM

I still want an Autochef.
And, I wouldn't mind having a car that can become airborne.
Posted Image
"He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...)

Women are much like angels. When you break our wings we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why so many people appear to be bright until they open their mouths.

Diva of In Death

#18 slainte

slainte

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:32 AM

I don't think it would be hard to enclose this dryer, floor to ceiling plexiglass panels. If you went for dryer might as well go all out, close it in.
Some Native American Wisdom

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner:

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time."

When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, "The one I feed the most."

#19 InDeathFan4Life

InDeathFan4Life

Civilian

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:24 AM

I saw that robot delivering coffee the other day on tv. I about fell out of my chair. Actually, I think I was standing and had to sit down. The way it walks is just so freaky and amazing all at once.

I can't wait for the future when it comes to inventions. I have always felt like they price new things way too high. If they were lower, invention would move faster. As it is, only the rich can afford the new and better things so growth is slow because the poorer people can't experience and develop new technology thierselves.

AND if they are making roarke Robots were all in the poor house!

#20 Shayde

Shayde

Deputy Inspector

• Members+
  • 3,108 posts

• Favorite Character: Summerset

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:02 PM

I like that the cars of the future can fly but still travel on roads too and people use it both ways. :drive: It's a believable futuristic machine. And who doesn't think a flying car is cool?

Bear in mind flying cars have been around for a while now. Problem is they aren't really practical for everyday use and do take up quite a bit of road. To say nothing of possible traffic problems. After all, just who gets right of way when taking off....?

There's also a new kind of robot coming out of Japan that they call "Actroid"

I've seen footage of this in use, and it's rather amazing. Okay it's still in development but as AJ says imagine just what it'll be like in 40 to 50 years time. Remember that in one of the In Deaths we met a translator droid (I think his name was Petrov), well in the case of this real droid it would be able to speak all langauges therefore being the perfect front of desk and call taking employee

If they ever make a droid that is modeled after Roarke, I'll buy a dozen of them.

Hmm. Would that droid have to be "fully functional"?(Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more)!!!! :lol:
He says he's clever, suave and devilishly handsome. 'Tis a shame he's also a liar....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users