• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

AJ, that is a great chapter. Love your stuff and the "dream" is a kick!

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#42 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

Thank you, Lee and A.J. for creating a path to an ending instead of giving me more tangents to try to pull together. Much appreciated.  :P

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#43 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 509 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

I am in awe of how you all made a cohesive story in a set number of chapters.  I love that you got a dream sequence in there, AJ!

#44 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for your comments, Lee and Debbi! Hopefully, Lelani will have her part up soon, and we can put this case to bed.

AJ

#45 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:14 AM

Actually, I am coming on to say that I just got home from a crazy Sunday and will need to write it before I can post it. I'll have it up before I go to bed tonight, but it will be late. Sorry folks. Life happens. 

Laie_42.gif

#46 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:46 AM

Not a problem. I know how crazy weekends can be.

AJ

#47 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

After all you've done, Lelani, to pull this off a little slack is definitelly in order. Take all the time you need. The schedule is yours, you know....

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#48 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

Thanks for the understanding. It's posted now. Goodnight.  :sleep:

Laie_42.gif

#49 bigd_041555

bigd_041555

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,375 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

Well done everyone |(great wrap up Lelani) - you guys are the best! I thoroughly enjoyed the blog-a-thon, wish I could write and help out, but I just don't have that talent.  Thanks AJ for all you do, and thank you to all the contributors.

Diane

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

#50 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

I ♥ a happy ending!  You all did a fantastic job.  I am in awe.  To copy what Diane said, I thoroughly enjoyed the blog-a-thon.  I wish I could have contributed, but I am I much better reader than writer.  I may have to go digging in the archives to find earlier ones.

#51 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

Great job, Lelani. I did enjoy the experience and all the contributions. Thanks everyone for the entertainment and thanks AJ and Lelani for organizing and keeping the story going.

Lee

#52 iwill67

iwill67

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

Well done and a very nice ending!!!! I loved the way it all wrapped up! Great teamwork!!!!

#53 DPA

DPA

Civilian

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

I so enjoyed reading this as it became available...what a group of talented writers you are...and how well you did this following each others chapters. How did you do it so smoothly? How much time do you get to write a section/chapter. Whatever or however you did it I truly enjoyed the read.

#54 chevy

chevy

Officer

• Members+
  • 365 posts

• Favorite Character: eve

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Great job, Lelani. Your job is much harder than ours. I just had fun writing, you had to weave all our stuff together and come up with a cohesive ending. We all had some small typos, and it just made it clearer to me why nora has them too.

#55 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

I so enjoyed reading this as it became available...what a group of talented writers you are...and how well you did this following each others chapters. How did you do it so smoothly? How much time do you get to write a section/chapter. Whatever or however you did it I truly enjoyed the read.

Speaking for myself, when it's my turn I generally panic, then run a couple of ideas by Lelani, then get a brainstorm, then write. I would say it took about an hour or so for each of my parts. Making the whole thing consistent is basically just paying attention to what others have written and trying to pick up on their clues. By this time we know these characters so well, that it's fairly easy to anticipate how they might react to things...what they might say or do. But we're probably way off of what Nora herself would write. It's not an exact science. It also helps to know that this isn't really something that is critical to get exactly right because the whole point of the thing is to just have fun.

That being said, I really want to thank all of you who were brave enough to participate in this, those of you who were brave enough to read it, and those who commented. I really appreciate your support of the site!

AJ

#56 iwill67

iwill67

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 749 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:20 AM

When I wrote my parts, I read the parts before me twice, took a few notes like the names of the characters introduced, and tried to figure out where everyone was going. I took a breath and sat down at the keyboard and just started to write. I just let it flow through me. I read the entire thing again with my addition and if it made sense I hit post. I guess each one took about half an hour.

#57 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:57 AM

Hey, I haven't had a chance to say thank you to everyone who wrote, read, and commented. It was fun to do this again this year, it's been too long. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks again! :lol:

Laie_42.gif

#58 essel1

essel1

Officer

• Members+
  • 296 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

Really good work by Idfan and AJ and ofcourse everyone else.....I am glad I wrote a chapter also.... "Pierre de Coubertin" said

L'important dans la vie ce n'est point le triomphe, mais le combat, l'essentiel ce n'est pas d'avoir vaincu mais de s'être bien battu.

The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle, the essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.

Sachal

#59 dzennka

dzennka

Traffic Cop

• Members
  • 59 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Well done, everyone!  It always amazes me how our talented writers can pull all these threads together with a single cohesive voice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users