#1 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

On March 27th, InDeath.net will be celebrating its 15th Anniversary!

In years past, those who have been here a while will know we have done all kinds of things to celebrate, including a huge trivia challenge, and a "Fan-Fiction-a-Thon."

Well, this year, I have been so busy, that I have essentially just completely forgotten about our anniversary, and to be honest, the trivia games really take a ton of planning and creating, and I just don't have the time or energy. I know that's a disappointment to some of you, and I am truly sorry.

As to the "Fan-Fiction-a-Thon," it was a tradition that went on for years, and was the most popular part of our Anniversary Celebrations, but we nixed it in the last year or so, due to the fact that Nora Roberts had asked us to put an end to all fan fiction here, and we felt that should also include our annual "Fan-Fiction-a-Thon."

But, 15 years is a big milestone. Also, as most of you now know, we lost one of our Moderators, Nancy, and she was a big fan fiction fan. 

So, when I thought about the 15 Year Celebration this year, I felt that a fitting thing to do in order to honor Nancy and to honor our Fan Fiction History...what the hell...I'M BRINGING BACK THE ANNUAL FAN-FICTION-A-THON!!!

For those out there who are not familiar with the rules we set up for the Fan-Fiction-a-Thon, here is a description:

We've done this in past years and had a great time! Basically, this is a "Round Robin" story, with each author taking a turn at writing a chapter. The story will be started by one of the moderators, and then the next person up will build on that chapter, and fill in some detail, then the next person will fill in more...until we have a complete story. Each author must take care to read all previous chapters, and to try to, as much as possible, follow the basic plot line that has been laid out by those authors. Our tradition is that we try to add as many references to the anniversary year, (this year it's 15), as possible. *Check out the previous blog-a-thon stories in the Fanfic Forum. They're all pinned at the top of the forum. Also this year, in honor of Moderator Nancy, I would like to add that we (the volunteer writers for the Fan-Fiction-a-Thon) also include as many references to the name "Nancy" as we can fit in.

Our actual anniversary is tomorrow, and for me, would be a bit too soon, to start this ball rolling, so, to give everyone ample time to prepare, lets say we start this Fan-Fic-a-Thon  on Sunday April 2nd, and go through the following Sunday, April 9th.

Lelani has offered to organize this whole thing, so I will leave it to her to lay out the rules of the game, the writing schedule and moderate the whole process. 

If you have any questions, you can post them here, and we will answer them as best as we can. If you think you can do it, I would encourage you to volunteer to be a writer for our "Fan-Fic-a-thon." I can promise you that you will have a ton of fun!

Thank You to everyone who has participated and supported this site for the past 15 years! I greatly appreciate it!

AJ

#2 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Hey everyone. I'd love to get an idea of how many potential authors we have for this 'in honor of Nancy and ID.net's 15th anniversary round robin fan fic'. That's a mouthful!. If you wouldn't mind letting me know if you are interested in adding a chapter (chapter being a loose term to mean a section of the story that may be a paragraph, to many paragraphs long), please reply here or PM me. You can also volunteer for multiple chapters. I will devise a schedule that will allow folks from many time zones the opportunity to contribute. At this time, I really just need to know if we should be ambitious and add four 'chapters' each day as we have in the past, or if we should scale it down to two or three. I'll post rules and a sign up sheet once I have a guesstimate about how many are willing to stick their necks out to add their creativity to this story. You don't have to be an accomplished writer, just someone who wants to have fun amongst friends.  :typing:

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#3 iwill67

iwill67

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 749 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:56 AM

I have barely written a word of fan fic since the ban, I am sure I am rusty as an old gate. I would love to take on one or two sections of this. I did it once before and it was fun.

#4 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:09 AM

Great! Hopefully others will also feel the same.  :original: Not the rust part.  :lol:

Laie_42.gif

#5 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

Hey, everyone! I'm bumping this up so that more of you will see it and will hopefully want to participate. Let us know!

AJ

#6 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Happy 15th!! Thanks for this great forum for us fans. My donation is also dedicated to Nancy and the work she did to make the site so enjoyable for trivia and quote game players like me. Wish I had "known" her too.

Good luck with the fan fic event this year.

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#7 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

Happy 15th!! Thanks for this great forum for us fans. My donation is also dedicated to Nancy and the work she did to make the site so enjoyable for trivia and quote game players like me. Wish I had "known" her too.

Good luck with the fan fic event this year.

Thank You for your support!

AJ

#8 bigd_041555

bigd_041555

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,375 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

I as well donated in Nancy's memory!

Good luck with the anniversary fan fiction - looking forward to reading it!

Diane

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

#9 chevy

chevy

Officer

• Members+
  • 365 posts

• Favorite Character: eve

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

I am so happy that it's back.! The last year that we did it, I wrote one chapter, and it was so much fun! I am busy with family weddings on april 2 & 3, but I would love to write 1 chapter on April 4, 5 or 6. Just let me know, please.

#10 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

I have barely written a word of fan fic since the ban, I am sure I am rusty as an old gate. I would love to take on one or two sections of this. I did it once before and it was fun.

I am so happy that it's back.! The last year that we did it, I wrote one chapter, and it was so much fun! I am busy with family weddings on april 2 & 3, but I would love to write 1 chapter on April 4, 5 or 6. Just let me know, please.

Thanks so much, you two!

Come on, Everyone! I know that there are a few other brave souls who can help us with this project! You will have a blast, I promise!

AJ

#11 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:48 AM

The more the merrier. Feel free to offer to write one, two, however many chapters you have time for.  :original:

Laie_42.gif

#12 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

Okay folks, we have only five authors who have offered to join in to the Fanfic-a-thon. That either means we have a really short story or we cancel. My preference is to make this happen, as it has been tons of fun in past years, but without the participation of all of you ID fans out there, we won't be able to do this. So, for those who have said they are interested in participating; should we do a shorter story or scrap it? Or, do we have more folks out there who are interested? Let me know here, as we need to make a decision in the next day or so. Thanks!

Laie_42.gif

#13 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

Well, I said that I didn't think it would work for me, but if you get enough people to keep it going I will commit to a segment. I'm definitely a newbie. Have mercy on me!

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#14 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

Well, I said that I didn't think it would work for me, but if you get enough people to keep it going I will commit to a segment. I'm definitely a newbie. Have mercy on me!

Lee, 

What has typically happened is that once we've started the story, and a few chapters in, some of our more timid or new writers will have some brilliant idea based on what had been posted, so they jump in, and usually they do pretty well. We're not looking for Pulitzer prize winning fiction. We're just out to have some fun.

AJ

#15 iwill67

iwill67

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 749 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:23 AM

Lee I was terrified when I first started writing here, then I got into it and managed to write a lot of fan fic stories. This crew would encourage me, give me a quick suggestion or say "write a story about Crack",  and I would just write and then write more. Some stories were crap, some were pretty good, and all were a lot of fun. My first time doing this group project I thought I would ruin it for sure, but you know, I wrote my part and enjoyed it and when it was finished, we had a cool fan fic story we all wrote as a team. It will be great to have you join in!

#16 essel1

essel1

Officer

• Members+
  • 296 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Okay folks, we have only five authors who have offered to join in to the Fanfic-a-thon. That either means we have a really short story or we cancel. My preference is to make this happen, as it has been tons of fun in past years, but without the participation of all of you ID fans out there, we won't be able to do this. So, for those who have said they are interested in participating; should we do a shorter story or scrap it? Or, do we have more folks out there who are interested? Let me know here, as we need to make a decision in the next day or so. Thanks!

I am willing to try. You don't need to use whatever I do manage to write but I will give it a try. At your service for this

Sachal

#17 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

I can't write, but I'm looking forward to reading what you all do.

#18 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

Well, great!!! Thanks for jumping on board Lee and Sachal, glad to have you. I'll get a schedule up so that people can sign up for times that work for them. Remember, you can write as much or as little as you want. We'll definitely use all submissions (provided they remain within bounds, which has never been a problem for this group). The more the merrier!

Laie_42.gif

#19 chevy

chevy

Officer

• Members+
  • 365 posts

• Favorite Character: eve

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:05 AM

I may miss your schedule, when you put it up. I'm away for the weekend, & with a family wedding monday, I may not check out the site. Please put me down for either April 4, or 5, when life will return to a normal. (ha! )

#20 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:30 AM

Thanks to all our volunteer writers! We may just be able to pull this thing off again this year! 

We have a couple more days until this thing begins, so there's still time to volunteer!!

If you're hesitating, please know that you can come out of lurk mode and write a chapter at any point in time during the Fan-Fic-a-Thon. Just send IDFAN a PM and she will fit you in.

Thanks, Everyone!!

AJ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users