Rookie

• Members+
  • 121 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

https://youtu.be/Q7w_0RuN-W8

It began on New Year’s Eve.

The sickness came on suddenly, and spread quickly. The fear spread even faster. Within weeks, everything people counted on began to fail them. The electrical grid sputtered; law and government collapsed—and more than half of the world’s population was decimated.

Where there had been order, there was now chaos. And as the power of science and technology receded, magic rose up in its place. Some of it is good, like the witchcraft worked by Lana Bingham, practicing in the loft apartment she shares with her lover, Max. Some of it is unimaginably evil, and it can lurk anywhere, around a corner, in fetid tunnels beneath the river—or in the ones you know and love the most.

As word spreads that neither the immune nor the gifted are safe from the authorities who patrol the ravaged streets, and with nothing left to count on but each other, Lana and Max make their way out of a wrecked New York City. At the same time, other travelers are heading west too, into a new frontier. Chuck, a tech genius trying to hack his way through a world gone offline. Arlys, a journalist who has lost her audience but uses pen and paper to record the truth. Fred, her young colleague, possessed of burgeoning abilities and an optimism that seems out of place in this bleak landscape. And Rachel and Jonah, a resourceful doctor and a paramedic who fend off despair with their determination to keep a young mother and three infants in their care alive.

In a world of survivors where every stranger encountered could be either a savage or a savior, none of them knows exactly where they are heading, or why. But a purpose awaits them that will shape their lives and the lives of all those who remain.

The end has come. The beginning comes next.

And the umbrella title is Chronicles of The One.

I read this and all I can think is: Shut up and take my money. I especially love the cover.

The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People but Between One Person and Himself- Garth Brooks

#2 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

Shut up and take my money.  

Well said, EO, well said.  The cover is awesome.  I can't wait to read this!  The only problem is....we have to wait for installments 2 and 3.  I hate that.  I want it all NOW!

#3 Rabb

Rabb

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

I love the cover and the description too!!

I don't remember any of her trilogies being released as a hardcover.  Has this ever happened before? I am happy because I love getting her books in hardcover.

"It's hard to resist a bad boy who's a good man. They'll knock the legs right out from under you." - Mrs G. to Parker in "Happy Ever After" by Nora Roberts.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,291 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:11 AM

Definitely sounds interesting. I've enjoyed several post-apocalyptic tales; Hunger Games, Divergent, being two of the more recent, even if they were YA centric books. I hope this story lives up to the tease.   

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#5 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,363 posts

• Favorite Character: Baxter

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

I'm looking forward to this. I haven't enjoyed the last couple of trilogies as much as the previous one. I loved Hunger Games and the Divergent series. Thanks for starting this topic EO.

Nora even said in one of her blogs that this one has been challenging, so I know it will be better than the last two trilogies.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#6 ElectricOutcast2X

ElectricOutcast2X

Rookie

• Members+
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Never did get into either Hunger Games or Divergent but if there's one apocalyptic book I wanna read, it's Battle Royale by Koushun Takami because it was originally published back in 1999 before the books y'all mentioned.

The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People but Between One Person and Himself- Garth Brooks

#7 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

I like Hunger Games and the first in Divergent series.  I didn't like books 2 or 3.  I also liked Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series (the first only, not the sequel series set 300 years later).

#8 wont

wont

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,119 posts

• Favorite Character: Whitney

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

The synopsis reminds me a bit of The Stand by Stephen King. Not exact of course, but similar. 

#9 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 427 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

Sounds intriguing. I'll have to look out for it :)

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

She finds her destination,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#10 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

I believe its set to come out in Nov in the US.
Posted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#11 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

Release date is December 5, 2017.  I preordered it.

#12 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 1st Deputy Commissioner
  • 11,601 posts

• Favorite Character: Detective Peabody

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

As a rule I am not crazy about dystopian or post-apocalyptic books  but I'll wait and see. 

For those who don't follow Nora's blog--which includes me most of the time:

http://fallintothest...new-directions/

http://fallintothest...-look-year-one/

It was as if the world was presenting her with everything she wanted ... in all the wrong ways. 

Eloisa James, Three Weeks With Lady X

#13 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:32 AM

Release date is December 5, 2017.  I preordered it.

Thanks for the exact release date!
Posted Image

#14 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

This does sound good. A bit of a departure from what she's done before, but still with some familiar aspects. She's already written a ton of "witch" books, but to put those types of characters in this world is something new, so, I'm looking forward to this series.

AJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users