Photo

2017--What are you currently reading? (Books and E-books only)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 422 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

She finds her destination,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#62 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 481 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

Did you already finish Echoes or you don't have it yet (in which case I'm very sad for you)?

#63 Teresa50

Teresa50

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,344 posts

• Favorite Character: Baxter

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

Echoes in Death
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#64 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

Echoes in Death

#65 chevy

chevy

Officer

• Members+
  • 365 posts

• Favorite Character: eve

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

You can be very sad for me. I ordered Echoes last week, but Amazon still has not delivered it. I'm the lone holdout, who likes books, as opposed to the E version, so I'm paying the price. I actually like to stretch it out, as opposed to gulping it all down. In the past, when I didn't have work the next day, I've stayed up till 5 a.m. to finish the book. I'm not going to do that again- I hope.

#66 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 304 posts

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

You can be very sad for me. I ordered Echoes last week, but Amazon still has not delivered it. I'm the lone holdout, who likes books, as opposed to the E version, so I'm paying the price. I actually like to stretch it out, as opposed to gulping it all down. In the past, when I didn't have work the next day, I've stayed up till 5 a.m. to finish the book. I'm not going to do that again- I hope.

You may want to do that again, my dear.  It is sooooo good.  I am too old to stay up all night reading, but that didn't stop me.

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#67 bigd_041555

bigd_041555

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

Echoes in Death by J.D. Robb

No description necessary :lol:

Diane

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

#68 Teresa50

Teresa50

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,344 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

I have Echoes in HC, and Amazon delivered it on release day. Now I have Amazon Prime which guarantees new releases on release day. Do you have Prime?
Posted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#69 Teresa50

Teresa50

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,344 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:43 AM

Debris and Detrius, the Lesser Gods Run Amok. An Anthology of short stories.
Posted Image

#70 bigd_041555

bigd_041555

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

At Close Range by Laura Griffin (#11 in the Tracers Series)

When a lakeside tryst ends in a double murder, police detective Daniele Harper arrives on the scene determined to get answers. Clues are everywhere, but nothing adds up. Dani turns to the Delphi Center crime lab for help, but soon regrets it when her secret attraction to their chief firearms examiner threatens to distract her from the most important case of her career.

As a ballistics expert and former Navy SEAL, Scott Black knows firearms, and he knows he can help Dani unravel her case. Scott has managed to hide his interest in his best friend’s younger sister for years, but when her investigation brings them together, the sparks between them quickly burn out of control. Scott resolves to keep his hands off Dani and his eyes on the goal—identifying a killer. But when that killer zeroes in on her, all bets are off. There isn’t a line Scott won’t cross to convince Dani to trust him so that he can help her take down a ruthless murderer who has her in his sights.

Diane

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

#71 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

Thursday's Child (Out of Time #5) by Monique Martin

#72 bigd_041555

bigd_041555

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

Cold Evidence by Rachel Grant (#6 in her Evidence Series)

The only thing Navy underwater archaeologist Undine Gray fears more than facing former SEAL Luke Sevick is never scuba diving again. But when a dive on a Cold War-era US Navy submarine ends with an accidental explosion, she's terrified of going into the deep, forcing her to beg the most experienced diver she knows to take her back to the bottom of the cold Salish Sea.

Luke wants nothing to do with the woman who destroyed his career a dozen years ago but finds it impossible to turn his back on her plea. Caught off guard by an attraction he doesn't want to feel, he's eager to be done with this mission of mercy. But when they dive on the wreck, he only gets sucked in deeper. Someone has been digging on the Navy sub... and it appears the explosion that almost killed Undine was no accident.

To find the truth, Undine must navigate murky waters and the unexpectedly hot undercurrents swirling between her and Luke. Worse, divers are searching for something lost in US waters during the Cold War, and they'll do anything to keep Luke and Undine from finding it first.

Diane

#73 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

I have too many books in the TBR pile, and don't know what I want to read next!

#74 Teresa50

Teresa50

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,344 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

In the Bleak Midwinter by Julia Spencer Fleming.
Posted Image

#75 Nandi

Nandi

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,879 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

The Onion Field by Joseph Wambaugh written in 1973. An oldie but certainly a good one, and I still love reading it. :original:

Evil thrives when good men do nothing...... So do something. :original: Peabody,with me!! :eka: and :roarkerules: NANDI

#76 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:04 AM

Child of the Mist (These Highland Hills Book #1) by Kathleen Morgan

Finally opted for a fluffy romance.

#77 bigd_041555

bigd_041555

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

Bad Road to Nowhere by Linda Ladd (#1 in the Will Novak Series)

BAD MEMORIES
Not many people know their way through the bayous well enough to find Will Novak's crumbling mansion outside New Orleans. Not that Novak wants to talk to anyone. He keeps his guns close and his guard always up.
BAD SISTER
Mariah Murray is one selfish, reckless, manipulative woman, the kind Novak would never want to get tangled up with. But he can't say no to his dead's wife sister.
BAD VIBES
When Mariah tells him she wants to rescue a childhood friend, another Aussie girl gone conveniently missing in north Georgia, Novak can't turn her down. She's hiding something. But the pretty little town she's targeted screams trouble, too. Novak knows there's a trap waiting. But until he springs it, there's no telling who to trust . . .

Diane

#78 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 1st Deputy Commissioner
  • 11,577 posts

• Favorite Character: Detective Peabody

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James.  Anyone catch the piece on romance novels on CBS Sunday Morning recently?

Witty and elusive Eugenia Snowe has all society begging for one of her premiere governesses-except the powerful Edward Reeve, who bursts into her office with his arrogant demands.

No question that Eugenia enjoys crossing wits with the brilliant inventor, but Ward wants far more than a governess. He wants Eugenia, and he’ll stop at nothing to have her-including kidnapping.

Will Eugenia lose her heart in the most reckless gamble of her life, or will she discover the sweetest pleasure she’s ever known?

All it will take is seven minutes...

It was as if the world was presenting her with everything she wanted ... in all the wrong ways. 

Eloisa James, Three Weeks With Lady X

#79 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 481 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 PM

Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs - getting ready for the new release in a couple of weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users