Photo

InDeath.net "Wall"

Welcome to the new InDeath.net "Wall."

Rules: No Politics, No Religion.

ALSO: Any topic brought up that extends to more than 3 posts by the original poster needs to have it's own thread. So, for example, if I post about a problem I'm having with my job and ask advice or just wanted to vent, I make the original post, then a second post to maybe add to the first and/or answer people's questions, then maybe a third post. After that, if I want to continue, I will ask a moderator to break my discussion out into its own thread, or a moderator will have the authority to just do that without me asking. This rule is in place because occasionally we will get stuck on one person's topic and it will go for pages and pages and then any other topics that are brought up during that time are lost. I want everyone's topics to be equally important, and I don't want them to get lost inside someone else's discussion.
So, this thread is open to anything you want to say as long as you keep it fairly brief, and if you need more space for your discussion, post a new thread.

Hope that is clear.

Thanks, Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#41 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

EO:  Enjoying the possession is part of the fun!  Now you have the start of asset accumulation!!  Amazing that gaming has become a financial institution.    :original:

Emza:  Most don't realize how careful we need to be with our skeletons.  And you be careful of the Pokemon Go crowd.  They have caused many people to be injured.   :thumbdown: Don't want you to be one of them!!!

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#42 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 427 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

EO:  Enjoying the possession is part of the fun!  Now you have the start of asset accumulation!!  Amazing that gaming has become a financial institution.    :original:

Emza:  Most don't realize how careful we need to be with our skeletons.  And you be careful of the Pokemon Go crowd.  They have caused many people to be injured.   :thumbdown: Don't want you to be one of them!!!

Oh! I have no desire to play the game. I grew up with Pokemon, but video games were never my thing and this game just lacks logic. Is it any wonder people have injured themselves? We ban cell phones from cars for a reason. You can't concentrate on such things AND your surroundings. 

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

She finds her destination,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#43 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:57 PM

Oh! I have no desire to play the game. I grew up with Pokemon, but video games were never my thing and this game just lacks logic. Is it any wonder people have injured themselves? We ban cell phones from cars for a reason. You can't concentrate on such things AND your surroundings. 

Read a story yesterday about a teenager who was crossing a highway to catch a Pokémon and got hit by a truck.  The kid firmly believes it's the game's fault  Uh, hello??  BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, people!

#44 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,363 posts

• Favorite Character: Baxter

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

Faith was too young for Pokemon when it first came out, and never got into video games.
She's too busy adulting to deal with PokemonGo.
And even if I could I wouldn't be playing. Would be too busy chasing my dogs.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#45 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

Read a story yesterday about a teenager who was crossing a highway to catch a Pokémon and got hit by a truck.  The kid firmly believes it's the game's fault  Uh, hello??  BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, people!

Debbi, I witnessed a teenager today almost killing himself because he was playing Pokemon Go while riding his bike! 

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#46 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

Can't sop laughing. I've had so many compliments over my new hair today. Got it a cut to clean up the split ends and put a colour through it. Spent most of the day with 'Oh my Gods' and 'Who is your stylist?!' over my mix of red and black layers.

I'll let you in on a wee secret my dears.

My hair was an accident!!!!

I put my fave fiery red shade in forgetting I needed to strip the black. So by pure accident I have red over black layers!!!  :lollol:

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#47 ElectricOutcast

ElectricOutcast

Officer

• Members+
  • 220 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:01 AM

Not gonna lie, I was gonna wait until I got back from San Antonio to download Pokemon Go but I began to realize that somebody would've taken my username if I waited too long. I think I got a pretty unique and badass name and I didn't want anyone stealing it. I still want to wait until I get my Garth concert out of the way which is 4 days away.

The greatest conflicts are not between two people, but one person and himself.- Garth Brooks

#48 ElectricOutcast

ElectricOutcast

Officer

• Members+
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:54 PM

Well I'm back from my trip, took me awhile to get back home though because bad weather had my flight cancelled the other night so I came back home last night. I imagine some of you might want some details about my trip and I think I may have a way of getting some therapy for my writer's block. I'm gonna make a short story and make a seperate thread post over here at some point so I'll give you guys the juice at some point. Look for it this weekend.

The greatest conflicts are not between two people, but one person and himself.- Garth Brooks

#49 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:02 PM

So. Ever since pregnancy and medications for my mangled spine, my weight has been insane. I used to be a tiny 125 pounds and have been 230 pounds for the last 3 years. I've tried EVERY diet under the son. Including one that landed me in my doctor with lead poisoning. Yeah, never trusting diet products evvvvvvvvvvvvver again. Sadly due to a glitchy thyroid and crap spine making a lot of exercise a no-no, I was just stuck! Until a friend told me about Slimming World.

After so long, I thought, why not? Nothing else has worked and I refuse to use pills to do it. Slimming World is all about correct eating, healthy portions and funnily very small changes that make a huge difference. I joined last Thursday and had the great pleasure of learning last night in my first week, I've lost 8 pounds!!!!!!!!!

I bawled! After 7 years, I finally found a diet that works! It's not a crash diet. No cutting carbs. No pills. Just healthy eating, with the odd change of sugar to sweetener and whole milk to skimmed milk....On top of that, for the busy mum who has barely 5 minutes to herself, exercise is mild. Walking every couple of days and your good!

In the best mood of my life!!! :D 

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#50 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

Not sure where this should go, so it will go here!

Who can relate to this?  Umm, #6 sound familiar??!!

http://www.bustle.co...dont-understand

#51 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

Ask dh about #10. Why are you packing s library? Why not your kindle?

And we all can relate to #6
Posted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#52 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

Ask dh about #10. Why are you packing s library? Why not your kindle?

And we all can relate to #6

My thoughts exactly on the kindle (or ereader of your choice).

And I can't say I've ever waxed poetic about the smell of books.  Well....maybe I've commented on the yummy musty smell of really old books, but I don't think so.  :reading:

#53 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

I joined last Thursday and had the great pleasure of learning last night in my first week, I've lost 8 pounds!!!!!!!!!

I bawled! After 7 years, I finally found a diet that works! It's not a crash diet. No cutting carbs. No pills. Just healthy eating, with the odd change of sugar to sweetener and whole milk to skimmed milk....On top of that, for the busy mum who has barely 5 minutes to herself, exercise is mild. Walking every couple of days and your good!

In the best mood of my life!!! :D

Congratulations, Emza!!  Keep up the good, healthy steps.  Glad you've find that formula that works.  You have support here.  Use it.   :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#54 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

Not sure where this should go, so it will go here!

Who can relate to this?  Umm, #6 sound familiar??!!

http://www.bustle.co...dont-understand

Thanks for posting this link.  I really had to laugh at having my secrets exposed in those 10 items.  The only one that is missing is number 11:  Dedicated "bookies" don't mind standing in lines as they always have a book to read while spending that time in limbo!!   :original:

Lee

#55 Ms Joy

Ms Joy

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:31 PM

*  They didn't mention the invisible tractor beam that all bookstores have aimed out their front door -- the one that searches for book junkies passing by, and sucks them into the store.  

*  And my books are not arranged alphabetically by title -- I'm not THAT anal!  They're arranged the way that ALL books should be arranged -- first separated by fiction vs non-fiction, and then by author's last name, and then by the order in which the books appear in the series.

*  Just because I have multiple copies of Naked in Death so I can give one to lost souls who have never read an In-Death book -- and that I collect "Blue Lady" editions -- or that I have every hardcover InDeath book that's on the market (some are signed by The Goddess herself) - along with paperback editions of the same book - and audio versions - and Kindle versions -- that does NOT mean that I'm a COMPLETE InDeath junkie.  If I was a COMPLETE InDeath junkie, then I'd have a signed copy of every book in the series.  I don't, so there!

It's not how many times you fall down. It's whether or not you get back up.

#56 ElectricOutcast

ElectricOutcast

Officer

• Members+
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:35 PM

*  They didn't mention the invisible tractor beam that all bookstores have aimed out their front door -- the one that searches for book junkies passing by, and sucks them into the store.  

*  And my books are not arranged alphabetically by title -- I'm not THAT anal!  They're arranged the way that ALL books should be arranged -- first separated by fiction vs non-fiction, and then by author's last name, and then by the order in which the books appear in the series.

*  Just because I have multiple copies of Naked in Death so I can give one to lost souls who have never read an In-Death book -- and that I collect "Blue Lady" editions -- or that I have every hardcover InDeath book that's on the market (some are signed by The Goddess herself) - along with paperback editions of the same book - and audio versions - and Kindle versions -- that does NOT mean that I'm a COMPLETE InDeath junkie.  If I was a COMPLETE InDeath junkie, then I'd have a signed copy of every book in the series.  I don't, so there!

Yeah if The Queen ever autographed your Blue Lady books you'd be worth some serious MONEY!

#57 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Or #12, how your finger goes to the Amazon App on your iPad and automatically preorders all your favorite authors the minute their books are listed. DH disabled the one click order link due to my impulsiveness. *sigh*. Like that second step was going to stop anything! And now being non weight bearing, I have a downstairs TBR pile of books from ordering from Amazon.
Posted Image

#58 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

Have you been sneaking a peek at my bookshelves, Ms Joy?   :lollol:  :lollol:  :lollol:   I love knowing you guys are out there.  When I'm reading (or rereading) at 3 AM, it's nice to know I'm not the only one.  (That could probably go on the list, too.)

Lee

#59 ElectricOutcast

ElectricOutcast

Officer

• Members+
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:21 AM

Been having troubles on this site to the point where I might have to re-register with another name, reasons why are because of circumstances that I would be better off explaining to the admins via Private Message.

#60 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

Ahhh! So very first visit from the tooth fairy was a success,
Things we need to work on?
Not waking mama at 5am to show her the money

:lollol: