Photo

InDeath.net "Wall"

Welcome to the new InDeath.net "Wall."

Rules: No Politics, No Religion.

ALSO: Any topic brought up that extends to more than 3 posts by the original poster needs to have it's own thread. So, for example, if I post about a problem I'm having with my job and ask advice or just wanted to vent, I make the original post, then a second post to maybe add to the first and/or answer people's questions, then maybe a third post. After that, if I want to continue, I will ask a moderator to break my discussion out into its own thread, or a moderator will have the authority to just do that without me asking. This rule is in place because occasionally we will get stuck on one person's topic and it will go for pages and pages and then any other topics that are brought up during that time are lost. I want everyone's topics to be equally important, and I don't want them to get lost inside someone else's discussion.
So, this thread is open to anything you want to say as long as you keep it fairly brief, and if you need more space for your discussion, post a new thread.

Hope that is clear.

Thanks, Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#1 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

Welcome to the new InDeath.net "Wall."

Basically, this thread is for whatever it is that's on your mind that you want to share with everyone. This thread is not intended for long discussions but more for a place for people to basically make short posts about what they're thinking or feeling or asking for advice as long as it is kept brief.

HOWEVER: There are a couple of rules. As usual, just as with the rest of the forum: No Politics, No Religion.

Now a NEW rule: Any topic brought up that extends to more than 3 posts by the original poster needs to have it's own thread. So, for example, if I post about a problem I'm having with my job and ask advice or just wanted to vent, I make the original post, then a second post to maybe add to the first and/or answer people's questions, then maybe a third post. After that, if I want to continue, I will ask a moderator to break my discussion out into its own thread, or a moderator will have the authority to just do that without me asking. This rule is in place because occasionally we will get stuck on one person's topic and it will go for pages and pages and then any other topics that are brought up during that time are lost. I want everyone's topics to be equally important, and I don't want them to get lost inside someone else's discussion.

Essentially, the entire "Off Topic" forum is one big "Wall," and was meant for you to be able to create threads about anything you wanted that was not "In Death Book Related." So, you are free to create a separate thread there for a discussion you want to have that you think may be longer than just a couple of short posts.

So, this thread is open to anything you want to say as long as you keep it fairly brief, and if you need more space for your discussion, post a new thread.

Hope that is clear.

Thanks, Everyone!

AJ

#2 ElectricOutcast

ElectricOutcast

Officer

• Members+
  • 220 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:48 AM

Well I figure to start things off, I would like to dedicate Memorial Day Weekend to an uncle whom I love dearly, he went to Vietnam when he was young and obviously is going through what most Veterans go through. But through it all, he's a loving father, grandfather, uncle and brother-in-law and I love him dearly.

Usually I pick this song as my go to dedication to all veterans, alive or dead. I know my song is from a video game that practically none of you heard of but in my opinion the message behind it is very powerful:

"There's no right part of murder, not ever. We're not in this to make a name for ourselves."

The greatest conflicts are not between two people, but one person and himself.- Garth Brooks

#3 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:17 PM

Kudos to you for honoring and loving a family member who, like most of our veterans, did a job that never really gives them a day off.  Good job!

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#4 ElectricOutcast

ElectricOutcast

Officer

• Members+
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

I gotta tell you, I'm actually having a good day today, I made plans a while back to see Garth Brooks in San Antonio the end of next month. Well after taking advice from a fellow fan about how to get tickets before they sold out, I was able to get not one but two tickets for both Friday and Saturday night (one ticket for each night) and was able to get a flight and hotel booked before those prices went up.

So I'm officially gonna take my first ever solo vacation, no family, no friends, just me and me alone.

P.S. On the Roarke and Eve's song thread of the InDeath board, I apologize for bombarding you guys with those country songs, I know many of you are thinking that Country Music wouldn't be a good fit for Eve and Roarke but I think the love songs I picked fit them like a glove.

The greatest conflicts are not between two people, but one person and himself.- Garth Brooks

#5 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:17 AM

Enjoy every minute and don't let the current travel delays get you down.  Just remember to take a great book with which to pass the time!  

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#6 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,374 posts

• Favorite Character: Baxter

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

Enjoy the concert!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#7 ElectricOutcast

ElectricOutcast

Officer

• Members+
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

Enjoy every minute and don't let the current travel delays get you down.  Just remember to take a great book with which to pass the time!  

Oh my concerts will be July 22nd and 23rd and even then I plan to leave for the Airport very early depending on the weather just to get the security lines dealt with.

#8 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 429 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

Gotta love going into the doctors for nasty sinus/chest infection and the conversation to proceed as follows.

Doc: You have an infection in your right sinus, ear and in the chest. Not sure what I can give you considering your present condition.
Me: *Blink, blink* Present condition?
Doc: *Nods* Your pregnancy, Miss Femming
Me: O.O Say what?! I'm not pregnant!!!
Doc: *Frowns* According to your file you should be hitting the four month mark
Me: Um....I was pregnant back in 2010!

What did I discover? My file hasn't been updated in 7 years! Nothing on my spinal diagnosis. Nothing to say I suffer from chronic respiratory infections due to allergies--Which has the Doc wanting to send me to ENT all over again, for something I sorted two years ago! Nothing on my severe reaction to Doxycycline. (Which we learnt the hard way).
.....My medical history of the last 7 years doesn't bloody well exist!!!! 
I honestly don't even know who I go to over this major screw up. I mean. How! How does such a mistake get made? I didn't vanish for seven years. There's no record of my cervical treatment either. To get any of the information, I'd have to go directly to the hospital. But what worries me, is in some cases, hospitals seek out the GP file and mine is missing very vital information! 

*Shakes head*

Disgraceful.

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

She finds her destination,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#9 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:42 PM

Much as I wish I could say "unbelievable" that this would be the state of your records, I find that the "state" of our health care in the States makes it all too acceptable now.  I'm assisting a friend with transportation and support through some medical issues and am saddened by the way things are misfiled or misinterpreted.  Hope you feel better soon, with or without their help.

Lee

#10 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

Much as I wish I could say "unbelievable" that this would be the state of your records, I find that the "state" of our health care in the States makes it all too acceptable now.  I'm assisting a friend with transportation and support through some medical issues and am saddened by the way things are misfiled or misinterpreted.  Hope you feel better soon, with or without their help.

Thanks Palomira! LOL I've been sleeping most of the weekend. The antibiotics have floored me, but I'm feeling a great deal better now that thew pain in my face has backed off. :)

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#11 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

Thanks Palomira! LOL I've been sleeping most of the weekend. The antibiotics have floored me, but I'm feeling a great deal better now that thew pain in my face has backed off. :)

Glad to hear you are healing.  Take care and get what rest you can.  Sometime we will have to discuss the popular "rinsing" of sinus cavities!!  LOL

Lee

#12 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:06 PM

Glad to hear you are healing.  Take care and get what rest you can.  Sometime we will have to discuss the popular "rinsing" of sinus cavities!!  LOL

I'll be happy to say I have never had that done!  :faint: I know here they are very reluctant to go messing at it since some sinus related things can caudse issues in the optical sense. 

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#13 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:21 PM

In other--random--news, I finally caved and purchased a Kindle. I haaaaaate reading like this, but in the last two years books of certain authors are either extremely difficult or not possible at all to get. Soooooooooo best get with modern tech and join the madness  :lol:   It's AMAZING how easily I can find books on it! Even ones that as far as my bookstore was concerned didn't exist!!! Still doesn't compare to the weight of a book in my hands, but for certain authors, I'm willing to make an exception. 

Of course, at 26 I felt very old when I had to get my 16 year old sister to explain to me how to work the blasted thing! It came with your typical teenage eye rolls and my Gods! Ya swear I asked for a kidney!  :lollol:  Anyway! A few more....hmmm....weeks and a whole lot of cursing and I'll be a pro!!  :P

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#14 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:58 AM

Enjoy your kindle, and get well soon with your sinus infections.

Also, I'd do everything I can to make sure your medical records are up to date, and make sure your GP has the current records. That is very important. Also, didn't the records have 2010 on them when he read them? Did he not read the date?
Posted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#15 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:10 AM

Things I can't tolerate my before my coffee. Sunshine, the cat annnnnd most of my family. This conversation proceeded before my caffeine injection.

Mary: Kym got her theory.

Me: Good for her. Driving like a pro in no time.

Mary: You should take the test

Me: *Blink, blink* Why?

Mary: Because...To say you did it

Me: Um, Mary...In case you've forgotten, I'm legally blind. I'll never be able to drive...Why on earth would I take the theory?

Mary: *Rolls her eyes* Jeez, Emma. Fine. Stay unmotivated. Don't try at anything.

Me: ..............Yeah, that's not why. I bust my butt for a lot of things, but I refuse to pay a 45 euro fee for something I legally can't use. I have rent and electricity to pay. My money has more important things to do. 

I probably would've been less crabby after coffee  :lollol:

In other news. Nana broke her hip. Yup. Took a fall from bed and is now in hospital. The surgery went smoothly, thank God, and avoiding infection, she'll be out in three weeks! So warm fuzzy feelings and such would be greatly appreciated, because she's too weak to handle an infection.

Finally, my little boy just finished his first year at school! So proud of him  :lol:

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#16 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

Congratulations to your son! Prayers for your Nana. And in the future just say "we'll talk after my coffee".
Posted Image

#17 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

Congratulations to your son! Prayers for your Nana. And in the future just say "we'll talk after my coffee".

LOL Good idea

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#18 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:16 PM

Broke my foot when I fell off down some stairs. I thought it was just a sprain, but when I was still limping the next day, went in for XRays and found it was broken. I've got a splint and am on crutches. They are a pain and the dogs don't like them. I've got an appointment for tomorrow with an orthopedist, and will go from there.

Now to train the dogs to fetch me my diet Cokes and food when needed. LOL.
Posted Image

#19 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

Broke my foot when I fell off down some stairs. I thought it was just a sprain, but when I was still limping the next day, went in for XRays and found it was broken. I've got a splint and am on crutches. They are a pain and the dogs don't like them. I've got an appointment for tomorrow with an orthopedist, and will go from there.

Oh ouch! Heal up quickly sweetness!  :hug:

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#20 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

Oh ouch! Heal up quickly sweetness!  :hug:

Yes, heal well and safely.  This whole falling thing is really BAD!!  We don't have the medical techniques of 2060 to help you, but I hope that they find immobilizing your foot is enough to assist the healing and that your bones are healthy enough to knit quickly.  Is there a smell the dogs don't like that you can smear on the lower part of the crutches to discourage them from tripping you again!!   :hug: from me too.

Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users