#1 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:58 PM

Ok, I'm just going to do it...I'm creating an Aidan Turner for Roarke thread. 

So, biggest problem is that he doesn't have blue eyes, which is why I hadn't yet suggested him officially. I know he could wear contacts, and I'm not a big fan of that, but, whatever.

The other couple of problems might be that he's got very curly hair. So, it would be a bit of problem for him to have the longer hair that Roarke has, since, it would probably tend to get unruly. At least that's what it seems from watching him in "Being Human" and "Poldark."

He's also generally hairy, which I don't mind in the least, but some do, so there you go.

Still, he IS Irish, and looks pretty close to what I imagine Roarke would look. (again, minus the eyes).

Here's a couple of vids, the first is an overview of the "Poldark" series for anyone that hasn't yet seen it (it's a fantastic series)

Here's a good overview of him as Philip Lombard in "And Then There Were None"

And I admit it, I am just wanting to be able to see him in as many things as possible.

:laughing:

AJ

#2 Zeijaku Hāto

Zeijaku Hāto

Detective

• Members+
  • 427 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:04 PM

I really like him for Roarke. Yes, the eyes are an issue, but contacts would give him the blue. He sounds just like Roarke does in my head.

Midnight claims the sun,

Stars become the light,

She finds her destination,

On the road of night.

- -Emza

#3 chevy

chevy

Officer

• Members+
  • 365 posts

• Favorite Character: eve

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:26 AM

I've never seen him in anything, or even heard of him. I'm a little behind in the movie department. But I see what you saw- that dark and dangerous edge. He's lean, very good-looking, and with blue contacts, he fits the bill very nicely.

#4 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,291 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:49 AM

He has the facial structure and the accent, but I'm holding out for the blue eyes.  :P

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#5 wont

wont

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,119 posts

• Favorite Character: Whitney

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

Along with the blue contacts he will need to wear lifts. He isn't quite tall enough, but he is nice looking. 

#6 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,363 posts

• Favorite Character: Baxter

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

He would work.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#7 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

He's really adorable :hug: , but (and it's a big BUT...) the height IS a deal breaker.  Unless they are casting Eve and Roarke in miniature, he will need three inch lifts. Hair can be straightened, etc.  I always forgave Hugh for not having blue eyes and later for his two big faults (getting older and bulking up for the $$), yet he remains for me the gold standard.  I know he wasn't born in Ireland, but his ability to adapt to whatever accent is needed should cover that.

I must see more of this actor, though, he's definitely my type!   :bravo:

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#8 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, height isn't a deal breaker for me unless you're talking about someone that's very short like Tom Cruise (below 5'9" would be my cut off.) I have never seen Aidan Turner in something where I thought, wow, he's short! And I don't think people who aren't "In Death" fans would care, so I honestly don't think that matters all that much. The eyes are the biggest deal breaker, mostly because they are actually mentioned a lot in the books, not just in Nora's descriptions of Roarke, but his blue eyes are mentioned in the dialogue. His height really isn't.

But again, we all have our own vision of who could or could not be Roarke.

Also, I'm going to put the reminder out there that we have a rule that other actors shouldn't be brought up in these threads. The reason for that was because with every suggestion thread there would always be one or more people mentioning how their favorite actor is better for the role. So, if we could, please keep the discussion solely about Aidan Turner in this thread.

Thanks!

AJ

#9 Ms Joy

Ms Joy

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,900 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:44 AM

anybody have a link where I can hear his voice and accent?

It's not how many times you fall down. It's whether or not you get back up.

#10 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:47 AM

Joy:   Here's a clip from an interview with Aidan Turner about the recent version of Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None." If I'm not mistaken, Aidan Turner was born and grew up in or around the south side of Dublin, so, he would probably have an accent very similar to what Roarke would actually have. But Emza would probably be the one to say whether or not his accent is correct.

AJ

#11 Ms Joy

Ms Joy

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,900 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:51 AM

wow - fast -- THANKS, AJ!!
and now I'm disappointed -- the Irish is barely noticeable, LOL!! He sounds to American! Ah well. I wouldn't kick him out of bed...

It's not how many times you fall down. It's whether or not you get back up.

#12 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

wow - fast -- THANKS, AJ!!
and now I'm disappointed -- the Irish is barely noticeable, LOL!! He sounds to American! Ah well. I wouldn't kick him out of bed...

LOL!! Now see? Carole thinks his accent is too prominent!! We all have different opinions.

AJ

#13 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:22 AM

Posted above by AJ:  "Also, I'm going to put the reminder out there that we have a rule that other actors shouldn't be brought up in these threads. The reason for that was because with every suggestion thread there would always be one or more people mentioning how their favorite actor is better for the role. So, if we could, please keep the discussion solely about Aidan Turner in this thread."  

Oops, sorry!  Won't happen again...  (Don't remember the tricks for posting previous comments.)

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#14 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:01 AM

Posted above by AJ:  "Also, I'm going to put the reminder out there that we have a rule that other actors shouldn't be brought up in these threads. The reason for that was because with every suggestion thread there would always be one or more people mentioning how their favorite actor is better for the role. So, if we could, please keep the discussion solely about Aidan Turner in this thread."  

Oops, sorry!  Won't happen again...  (Don't remember the tricks for posting previous comments.)

It's fine. It happens on occasion, and when it does, I just put the reminder up. I think I've even had to be reminded a time or two.

To quote previous posts, just click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the post you want to quote.

AJ

#15 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

It's fine. It happens on occasion, and when it does, I just put the reminder up. I think I've even had to be reminded a time or two.

To quote previous posts, just click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the post you want to quote.

AJ

Thanks!

Lee

#16 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

It's a Monday, and I needed a distraction. Hopefully you'll all indulge me. I saw this photo of Aidan Turner, and it reminded me of Roarke, so I gave him blue eyes, to complete the look.

Attached File  IMG_0880.JPG   80.03KB   0 downloads

:drool:

AJ

#17 iwill67

iwill67

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 749 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:54 AM

He is the closest to what I picture, I had never heard of him before. Thank you!!! I love his voice, just a whisper of Ireland. :)

#18 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

He is the closest to what I picture, I had never heard of him before. Thank you!!! I love his voice, just a whisper of Ireland. :)

If you have ever seen any of the "Hobbit" movies, you've seen him. He played Kili.

AJ

#19 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,291 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

He has the ability to look boyish and bookwormish and then there are those pictures of him where he is just all man.  :eek:

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#20 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

He has the ability to look boyish and bookwormish and then there are those pictures of him where he is just all man.  :eek:

Oh yeah. I do know he's not the perfect Roarke, but I am just in general 100% Team Aidan Turner.

AJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users