#1741 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,291 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

My sister had surgery yesterday. Her husband texted out her status at 6AM EST, which, where I live, was 3AM PST. Today, my sister texted out how she was doing at 7:20 EST, which was 4:20 PST for me... thank you very much. I need my sleep!!! I'm with Eve.  :chocolate:

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#1742 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

Turn off the phone when you go to bed?

#1743 Teresa55

Teresa55

Inspector

• Members+
  • 5,363 posts

• Favorite Character: Baxter

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

Need to be sensitive to those that are in the pacific time zone. With my parents living in AZ, I try to think about their time when I call them.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Live your life like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

#1744 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,291 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:26 AM

Turn off the phone when you go to bed?

Nope, stuff going on and I need to stay available, but.... Back on topic....    :lol:

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#1745 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

Am I the last one to notice (as I am not really proficient in Italian history)?

While looking through a 2017 calendar of landmark photos with quotes, I came across one with the following:

The quote said "The secret of power is the will."  by Guiseppe Mazzini  (Turns out he is a historic leader of Italian independence from the 19th century.  I looked him up.)

Of course this immediately reminded me of Delusions In Death with the historical Urban Wars references to Red Horse and Guiseppe Manzini.  Considering the fondness that our esteemed author has for Italy, do you think she used such a similar name accidentally?  Me either.

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#1746 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

Am I the last one to notice (as I am not really proficient in Italian history)?

While looking through a 2017 calendar of landmark photos with quotes, I came across one with the following:

The quote said "The secret of power is the will."  by Guiseppe Mazzini  (Turns out he is a historic leader of Italian independence from the 19th century.  I looked him up.)

Of course this immediately reminded me of Delusions In Death with the historical Urban Wars references to Red Horse and Guiseppe Manzini.  Considering the fondness that our esteemed author has for Italy, do you think she used such a similar name accidentally?  Me either.

Just nope.  Our Nora likes similar names.

#1747 palomira

palomira

Officer

• Members+
  • 313 posts

• Favorite Character: Charlotte Mira (Dennis, too)

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

As the Lady of Names, Debbi, I'll take your word for it.   :lol:

Lee

"I don't want to hear Mr. Mira in the same sentence with pasties."  Eve Dallas, Promises In Death

#1748 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:47 AM

Just finished Apprentice (again), and my list I'd HUGE!

#1749 Quinlan1973

Quinlan1973

Officer

• Members+
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

Been rereading Purity and I always had a problem with the disagreement between Eve and Roarke. Eve's upset that Roarke has no sympathy for a murder victim but why does this bother her? By this point Eve knows what Roarke did to avenge Marlena so she knows his views on the death of monsters.

This argument always seemed that it should have been before Eve found out about Marlena, that's all

#1750 wont

wont

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,119 posts

• Favorite Character: Whitney

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:17 AM

Been rereading Purity and I always had a problem with the disagreement between Eve and Roarke. Eve's upset that Roarke has no sympathy for a murder victim but why does this bother her? By this point Eve knows what Roarke did to avenge Marlena so she knows his views on the death of monsters.

This argument always seemed that it should have been before Eve found out about Marlena, that's all

IMO, if Eve changed her opinion on this she would have surrendered one of her core values. One of the elements that makes up her most inner self. Also, I think she was afraid if she agreed with him on this, it would lead to more and more agreements down the line. (If she agreed on this, how could she not agree on others.) It would change who she was. It would be a blow to her character. A part of her she built on when she escaped her past and entered the academy. She's based her entire career on believing in the tenets of the law. This belief pulled her out of where she came from. She succeeded (and thrived) because of her unerring belief. If she gave that up, even a tiny bit, it  may have possible dire consequences down the line to their relationship. 

#1751 Pirate

Pirate

Rookie

• Members+
  • 117 posts

• Favorite Character: Dennis Mira

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

Can someone help me remember which book is it that Roarke finds out that Eve may not ever make Captain because she married him? And then he goes to Whitney and hands him some paperwork or something to prove he's not causing a conflict of interest or something? I can't remember the exact details of Roarke's meeting with Whitney and/or Tibble. My initial thought is Conspiracy but I'm not sure.

Cameron

"You're not authorized to attempt to seduce the primary investigator at this time."

#1752 wont

wont

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Can someone help me remember which book is it that Roarke finds out that Eve may not ever make Captain because she married him? And then he goes to Whitney and hands him some paperwork or something to prove he's not causing a conflict of interest or something? I can't remember the exact details of Roarke's meeting with Whitney and/or Tibble. My initial thought is Conspiracy but I'm not sure.

It was Born In Death. Roarke and Whitney had a hot little convo over the situation.  :furious:

#1753 wont

wont

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:36 AM

This is a random question I'm not sure anyone can answer, it's more of an opinion thing. 

There have been several instances over the series of Eve and Roarke having sex during a trip in one of his planes. (The limos are another story.) The first I remember is on the return trip from their honeymoon. But, there were several afterwards. Even though Roarke has a nice veneer of polish, he was something of a man whore. I know he always "wants" Eve, and he can do as he likes on his own plane. He doesn't seem to hesitate while traveling with her. So, do you think Roarke used his planes this way with the women he dated before? He appears to slip into this mode quite easily. It just occurred to me probably he's done this in the past. 

#1754 bigd_041555

bigd_041555

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,366 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a common occurrence for Roarke before Eve.  The difference now is Eve actually means a great deal to Roarke, whereas the others were the "flavour" of the day.

Diane

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

#1755 Debbi

Debbi

Detective

• Members+
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

Given the comments by Roarke's previous lovers about how inventive and creative he is, he likes sex - alot.  I can't imagine that would have limited himself to just the bedroom before he met Eve.  So yes, I don't think sex everywhere possible is nothing new for him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users