#41 ~enigma~

~enigma~

Officer

• Members+
  • 375 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Eve and Roarke

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

Lol yeah..wish brown was more exciting...just glamorize it and change 'muddy' to 'melted chocolate' or 'smoldering coffee'. :lol:

#42 mog614

mog614

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,254 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Aren't Eve's eyes brown? But they get described as "golden" or "good, aged whiskey".

#43 Joe

Joe

Baxter's Personal Therapist

• Chief
  • 9,235 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke and Baxter...I like the boys.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to bring up. AFAIK, green is even more recessive than blue, as far as eye color, yet an inordinate number of characters ID have green eyes (and I suspect the number of redheads is statistically unbalanced as well); but then, it is fantasy, I suppose.

Actually blue eyes are the "most recessive" eye color. Green are recessive as well, but they're aren't more so than blue. But yeah, Nora does tend to have a lot of green eyed AND blue eyed people. Maybe she doesn't think that hazel eyes (which are pretty common) are sexy enough. :P

#44 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

Aren't Eve's eyes brown? But they get described as "golden" or "good, aged whiskey".

Must depend on how the light hits her eyes...
Posted Image
"He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...)

Women are much like angels. When you break our wings we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why so many people appear to be bright until they open their mouths.

Diva of In Death

#45 Joe

Joe

• Chief
  • 9,235 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

"Good, aged whiskey" IS brown. Her eyes are usually described as "golden brown". I've seen that IRL, it's just a lighter shade of brown is all.

#46 ~enigma~

~enigma~

Officer

• Members+
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Like this probably :
Attached File  a4.jpg   8.61KB   6 downloads
Attached File  30349korys golden eyes.jpg   46.81KB   3 downloads

#47 LovelySadie

LovelySadie

Peabody's Understudy

• Chief
  • 768 posts

• Favorite Character: Peabody & Feeney

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hmm...well, maybe Nora associates color with "sexy" :)

I personally think brown eyes are attractive...and it's really cool how hazel eyes can change so much with what a person wears...like I said before, I have green eyes, and I am prefectly happy with them, but they're green...no neat color-changing over here...lol...

and there are several reoccuring characters in the series who Nora never gives an eye color for...Webster, Baxter, Trueheart...all of which are always described as attractive and I'm thinking Baxter and Webster at least possibly have darker eyes...just me though...and maybe I missed where Nora may have mentioned the eye-color of these fine men...I am thinking Trueheart probably has lighter eyes, but Baxter and Webster are candidates for having attractive dark eyes...

anyway...just speculating... :)

"I want to do something splendid before I go into my castle-something heroic, or wonderful, that won't be forgotten after I'm dead. I don't know what, but I'm on the watch for it, and mean to astonish you all, some day."-Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

"We make messes of our lives, but every now and then we manage to do something that's exactly right. The challenge is figuring out which is which."-Jodi Picoult, Vanishing Acts

https://twitter.com/tncorkery

http://takearunningjump.blogspot.com/

#48 ~enigma~

~enigma~

Officer

• Members+
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Yeah it hasn't been mentioned in the Wiki...but Webster has cool, pleasant blue eyes.

#49 Jennilea911

Jennilea911

Officer

• Members+
  • 218 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas and Jamie Lingstrom

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

I have noticed that she has many red haired green-eyed ladies in her book...Nora being a red haired green eyed lady herself I guess she relates to it more...
She also has alot of black haired blue eyed irish hotties which let me tell you I am NOT complaining..... so I can just imagine what her ideal man would look like...(besides her husband)
*IN DEATH MAMA*

Posted Image Posted Image

#50 ~enigma~

~enigma~

Officer

• Members+
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

From Wikipedia :

The hair color of the Irish is predominantly brown. Less than 3% have black or ashen hair; 40% have dark brown hair. Medium brown hues make up another 35%. Persons with blond and light brown hair account for close to 15%, while approximately 10% have auburn or red hair. Both golden and dark brown shades can be seen in the southwestern counties of Ireland, but fairest hair in general is most common in the Central Plain.

Ulster has been evidenced to have the highest frequencies of red hair, with the lowest found in Wexford and Waterford.

Studies have indicated the Irish are "almost uniquely pale skinned when unexposed, untanned parts of the body, are observed" and "40% of the entire group are freckled to some extent." Moreover, "in the proportion of pure light eyes", data shows that "Ireland competes successfully with the blondest regions of Scandinavia", as approximately 42% of the Irish population have pure blue eyes. Another 30% have been found to possess light-mixed eyes and "less than 1 half of 1% have pure brown"

#51 mog614

mog614

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

"Good, aged whiskey" IS brown. Her eyes are usually described as "golden brown". I've seen that IRL, it's just a lighter shade of brown is all.

I guess I wasn't too clear. I was trying to show how "golden" and "good, aged whiskey" are two examples of how brown eyes can be described more expressively. Sorry.

#52 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,291 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:49 PM

Probably the most descriptive passage about Eve's eye color occurs in Fantasy when she is trying on the dress that she will be wearing to Nadine's book release party. She tries to describe the color of her gown, brown/yellow and doesn't know what to call the color. Roarke tells her she sees it everyday in the mirror as it's the color of her eyes.

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#53 ~enigma~

~enigma~

Officer

• Members+
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Dunno if anyone has asked this before but why is it that there have been no pet dogs owned by any character in the series?

#54 BonnieR

BonnieR

Detective

• Members+
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

Dunno if anyone has asked this before but why is it that there have been no pet dogs owned by any character in the series?

Well, I would think that cops' irregular schedules would make having a dog impractical. Cats are a lot more flexible. Mignon, the teacup poodle, was a pet shared by the victim and her employers.

Nora has dogs, so I don't think her bias is a reason; I imagine in general keeping a dog in New York City is complicated.
Bonnie
California
@kleinemocha

"There is communion of more than our bodies when bread is broken and wine drunk." -- M.F.K. Fisher

#55 LovelySadie

LovelySadie

Peabody's Understudy

• Chief
  • 768 posts

• Favorite Character: Peabody & Feeney

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

No, none of the regular characters have dogs. Victims, suspects, witnesses, etc. have had dogs in some of the books. Bonnie mentioned Mignon from Visions and there is Squeakie from Witness...there are probably more, but those are the only ones I could come up with...

"I want to do something splendid before I go into my castle-something heroic, or wonderful, that won't be forgotten after I'm dead. I don't know what, but I'm on the watch for it, and mean to astonish you all, some day."-Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

"We make messes of our lives, but every now and then we manage to do something that's exactly right. The challenge is figuring out which is which."-Jodi Picoult, Vanishing Acts

https://twitter.com/tncorkery

http://takearunningjump.blogspot.com/

#56 ~enigma~

~enigma~

Officer

• Members+
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:51 AM

Yeah I found it rather strange...though it might be tough to have one in NY...atleast the really affluent ones could afford them...I was wondering because she loves dogs.

#57 Joe

Joe

• Chief
  • 9,235 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Well, I would think that cops' irregular schedules would make having a dog impractical. Cats are a lot more flexible. Mignon, the teacup poodle, was a pet shared by the victim and her employers.

Nora has dogs, so I don't think her bias is a reason; I imagine in general keeping a dog in New York City is complicated.

Agreed. Even here, it's tough to get even a shelter dog if you have a strange schedule. They expect you to have somebody who will come over at least twice a day and let the dog out if you work during the day, etc. I can't imagine a cop would be able to deal with a dog, unless they had a spouse that works from home. Being in the city would make it even harder, I'd think, as dogs need room to run or be walked and play. Nora loves dogs, so no, it's not a bias. Just that cats are a lot easier to deal with and take care of. Make sure they have food and keep their box clean, and they're happy. :lol:

#58 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 1st Deputy Commissioner
  • 11,601 posts

• Favorite Character: Detective Peabody

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

There are droid dogs--remember the cocker spaniel recall in Naked? Might be more practical for the city, no need for walkies or scooping.
It was as if the world was presenting her with everything she wanted ... in all the wrong ways. 

Eloisa James, Three Weeks With Lady X

#59 elvan

elvan

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,216 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

There are droid dogs--remember the cocker spaniel recall in Naked? Might be more practical for the city, no need for walkies or scooping.

:lol: That would be just my luck. I'd fall in love with my cute little cocker spaniel droid dog, and it would be recalled by the manufacturer! :(
There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.

Irving Stone

Elaine

Posted Image

#60 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 1st Deputy Commissioner
  • 11,601 posts

• Favorite Character: Detective Peabody

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

Imagine explaining that one to the kids!
It was as if the world was presenting her with everything she wanted ... in all the wrong ways. 

Eloisa James, Three Weeks With Lady X

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users