#1 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

Since the old topic for "In Death Questions" is fairly old, we thought it would be a good idea to start a new one.

So, if you'd like to reference the old topic for answers to questions that might have already been asked, please go here:

Can Anyone Tell Me? Questions about the books (2005 - 2010)

PLEASE search that topic FIRST, before asking a question here. Your question may have already been answered.

If you can't find it in that thread, feel free to ask your question about the "In Death Series" here.

Thanks!

AJ

#2 mog614

mog614

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,254 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

This something that has bothered me and there may not be an answer.

In Betrayal, does anyone know why Gerade hated Roarke so much? Yost was hired to commit the murders to distract Roarke and make the theft easier. But Yost reflected on how if he killed Roarke within 2 months of the contract being fulfilled, he'd get 25 million. Why would they pay Yost so much to kill Roarke AFTER the theft (if the contract refers to the theft)?

Later, when the cops stopped the theft, cops were all over the place and there seemed to be no way to get out. Yet Gerade ran at Roarke with a knife, but killed Mick instead. Gerade was going to get caught, so why add murder to the charges?

Earlier, when Eve was asking Roarke about the men involved in the theft, Roarke said that he knew about Gerade. Eve asked if Gerade ever arranged for Roarke to steal anything, Roarke said that he "simply assisted another associate with the transportation."

So why would Gerade risk so much money and a murder charge? I don't know if I missed something or that's just "one of those things".

Thanks

#3 Eve's alter ego

Eve's alter ego

Officer

• Members+
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

This something that has bothered me and there may not be an answer.

In Betrayal, does anyone know why Gerade hated Roarke so much? Yost was hired to commit the murders to distract Roarke and make the theft easier. But Yost reflected on how if he killed Roarke within 2 months of the contract being fulfilled, he'd get 25 million. Why would they pay Yost so much to kill Roarke AFTER the theft (if the contract refers to the theft)?

Later, when the cops stopped the theft, cops were all over the place and there seemed to be no way to get out. Yet Gerade ran at Roarke with a knife, but killed Mick instead. Gerade was going to get caught, so why add murder to the charges?

Earlier, when Eve was asking Roarke about the men involved in the theft, Roarke said that he knew about Gerade. Eve asked if Gerade ever arranged for Roarke to steal anything, Roarke said that he "simply assisted another associate with the transportation."

So why would Gerade risk so much money and a murder charge? I don't know if I missed something or that's just "one of those things".

Thanks

Hi mog614,

Welcome to the site!!

I recently completed the timeline for Betrayal and so it is fairly fresh in my memory. I think the reason Gerade hated Roarke so much was jealousy over the fact that while he came from a privileged background and yet struggled continuously, Roarke had managed to overcome the disadvantages of his own childhood and achieve the sort of success that he had.. especially as Roarke and Gerade had known each other professionally way back when both were stealing for a living...

Uthra
You are like a damn chess board, Eve. Bloody black and white!
You never asked yourself, not even once, if I made a play for you because of the money?
You didn't make a play for me. I made the play....
It was you, Lieutenant, who fell into my guile, after I gave you a bloody good shove.

#4 mog614

mog614

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

Thanks. That makes sense since, as I recall, Gerade seemed to be spoiled and immature, and a screw-up. I think it was said that his father had to bail him out.

#5 CourtyWilli

CourtyWilli

Rookie

• Members
  • 120 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve and Roarke

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:20 PM

so I'm back for a little while...

I have this bothering question thats driving me crazy

What book was it that

Roarke 'Raped' Eve in the closet. I CANNOT FIND IT.

"I'd rather die as a wolf on four paws, then live as a human on two."

Prosecution In Death;

Chapter Two is; Being Re-Written!

#6 evedallasfan!

evedallasfan!

Detective

• Members+
  • 408 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas & Peabody

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

Rapture in Death.

#7 WickedWitchOfTheWest

WickedWitchOfTheWest

Deputy Inspector

• Chief
  • 3,059 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve and Roarke - they're more fun together

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

Rapture in Death.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Dumbledore

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen, Anthem

#8 CourtyWilli

CourtyWilli

Rookie

• Members
  • 120 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve and Roarke

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

Ahh okay, I was looking in Vengence for it. >> xD

"I'd rather die as a wolf on four paws, then live as a human on two."

Prosecution In Death;

Chapter Two is; Being Re-Written!

#9 Bean

Bean

Civilian

• Members
  • 35 posts

• Favorite Character: Mira

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:32 PM

Alright, so I'm wondering.. Do we know the next release date yet? I'm getting much to anxious (:

#10 BonnieR

BonnieR

Detective

• Members+
  • 458 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

Alright, so I'm wondering.. Do we know the next release date yet? I'm getting much to anxious (:

Amazon has it listed to come out November 2.
Bonnie
California
@kleinemocha

"There is communion of more than our bodies when bread is broken and wine drunk." -- M.F.K. Fisher

#11 Pansy

Pansy

Civilian

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Ahh okay, I was looking in Vengence for it. >> xD

Ceremony in Death!:)

And how am I to face the odds
Of man's bedevilment and God's?
I, a stranger and afraid
In a world I never made.
--A. E. Housman

#12 Bean

Bean

Civilian

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:10 AM

Amazon has it listed to come out November 2.

Thank you :)

#13 Bean

Bean

Civilian

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

Okay another quick question... Which book is it that the guy goes after Peabody?

#14 BonnieR

BonnieR

Detective

• Members+
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

Okay another quick question... Which book is it that the guy goes after Peabody?

If by "goes after" you mean "viciously attacks," then it's Visions.
Bonnie
California
@kleinemocha

"There is communion of more than our bodies when bread is broken and wine drunk." -- M.F.K. Fisher

#15 larsonkoala2

larsonkoala2

Roarke was a fictional character until I saw Hugh Jackman

• Chief
  • 2,641 posts

• Favorite Character: roarke, then a distant second, webster(who is mine), a very distance third, jen's baxter

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

or holiday in death, when eve and roarke race to peabody when the suspect is in her apartment.

nancy
eve: man. god. roarke.

roarke: an interesting and flattering line up.

webster is mine because I said so

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

clairee to ouiser: i love you more than my luggage. from the movie steel magnolias.

ouiser: i'm not crazy. i have been in a bad mood for 40 years. steel magnolias.

barbosa; the world use to be a bigger place.
jack sparrow: the world is still the same. there is just less in it.

pirates of the carribean: at world's end.

you want to feel pain, try wearing a corset. elizabeth swan, pirates of the caribbean:curse of the black pearl

on july 22, 2006, i lost my best friend, and sister of my heart, belinda(1950-2006). rest in peace lady. your other half of brain still and always will miss you . Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 Eve's alter ego

Eve's alter ego

Officer

• Members+
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

Peabody is attacked both in Visions and Holiday... by the murderer

In Visions, she manages to fire her weapon when he tries to abduct her and so he leaves her, seriously injured, on the pavement, fleeing in his dark blue van...

In Holiday, she encounters 'Santa' on her doorstep, and manages to engage her communicator and tips off Eve about Santa's visit, and the gang arrives in time to rescue her...
Uthra
You are like a damn chess board, Eve. Bloody black and white!
You never asked yourself, not even once, if I made a play for you because of the money?
You didn't make a play for me. I made the play....
It was you, Lieutenant, who fell into my guile, after I gave you a bloody good shove.

#17 Bean

Bean

Civilian

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:29 PM

Okay, could have worded it better, but thanks. I was thinking of the Santa in holiday. Although I am going to need to reread Visions for lack of remembering(:

#18 cattymiss

cattymiss

Civilian

• Members
  • 27 posts

• Favorite Character: Delia Peabody

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

This is driving me crazy...

Can anyone tell me in which book Eve finally gets a new office computer. I vaguely remember the scene, she walks in on a maintanence guy installing her computer thinking he is the "candy thief". He becomes her new best bud when she finds out he is simply installing her new computer. Later in the story, she takes her old computer home planning on destroying it with a sledgehammer? When Roarke see's it instead and starts to take it apart. I thought it was after "Visions" because McNab repaired her old one and said that she maybe could get a couple of days or so out of it.

Thanks
Cattymiss

#19 cattymiss

cattymiss

Civilian

• Members
  • 27 posts

• Favorite Character: Delia Peabody

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

I found the answer to my own question and in doing so may have found a small Yanni.

The scene I was referring to was in Witness in Death. Eve finally gets a new computer, one like she has at home. However, less than a year later in Visions in Death, Eve calls in McNab to take a look at her computer and hopefully fix it. When he does he refers to it as obsolute.

Finding this scene was driving me crazy, but the reason I didn't find it was because it occurred earlier than Visions.

Thanks
Cattymiss

#20 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,291 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:27 AM

I found the answer to my own question and in doing so may have found a small Yanni.

The scene I was referring to was in Witness in Death. Eve finally gets a new computer, one like she has at home. However, less than a year later in Visions in Death, Eve calls in McNab to take a look at her computer and hopefully fix it. When he does he refers to it as obsolute.

Finding this scene was driving me crazy, but the reason I didn't find it was because it occurred earlier than Visions.

Thanks
Cattymiss

That's not a YANNI. There is discussion about the fact that the units are produced with planned obsolescence. They make them cheap and breakable so that people will buy more.

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users