#81 ruth

ruth

Chief

• Chief
  • 5,759 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Oh god I know. I'm glad it wasn't just me. I had to stop looking at the screen. This is another one of those shows that you watch that you don't dare not leave the room because you just know you are going to miss something vital. On a different scale but same idea - you miss the first 5 minutes of Dancing With the Stars and you miss vital information. You used to be able to miss 5 minutes of something and wouldn't miss anything vital - not any more. I thought for sure I'd missed something or forgotten something when her husband was looking at an empty hole in the floor.

Without Order.............Chaos Without Rules.............Anarchy
userbar293553ez5.gif]norafanbar.gif
 roarkebar.gif

indeathfanbar.gifteam-edward.jpg

#82 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 6,955 posts

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm beginning to speculate that Liz's husband is on the Blacklist and this is Red's way of paying him back, by using Liz to be his downfall. Maybe that's Red's fascination with Liz and her hubby is #1 on the list. 

Laie_42.gif

True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.

Baltasar Gracian

#83 KelsyCisTaken

KelsyCisTaken

Detective

• Members+
  • 413 posts

• Favorite Character: Dr. Mira

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm beginning to speculate that Liz's husband is on the Blacklist and this is Red's way of paying him back, by using Liz to be his downfall. Maybe that's Red's fascination with Liz and her hubby is #1 on the list. 

There is definitely more there with the husband but I think Red's relationship with Liz has to do with her father. One or two episodes ago she had asked him if her knew her father and Red replies something like "the answer isn't as simple as the question seems to be." Not those exact words but close.

Either way, I'm hooked on the show. I love the CIA agent, Agent Malick. I love her balance of kick-ass-ness and comic relief!

~Kelsy~ 

#84 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 6,955 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yes, he did allude to a relationship with her father, but I just feel like they are going to do a twist in there somewhere, so that what we initially believed will turn out to be wrong. I guess we'll eventually find out.  :original:

Laie_42.gif

True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.

Baltasar Gracian

#85 KelsyCisTaken

KelsyCisTaken

Detective

• Members+
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Yes, he did allude to a relationship with her father, but I just feel like they are going to do a twist in there somewhere, so that what we initially believed will turn out to be wrong. I guess we'll eventually find out.  :original:

You're probably right about there being a twist.. Or several for that matter. A show like this, nothing is ever what it seems to be on the surface.

~Kelsy~ 

#86 ruth

ruth

Chief

• Chief
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

My theory which is probably all wet is that her husband is actually a super spy for us or used to be a spy for us and tried to retire or he's in what amounts to the witness protection program. Like I said - probably way off base. Is Reddington really her father - actually do we know what happened to her father?

roarkebar.gif

#87 KelsyCisTaken

KelsyCisTaken

Detective

• Members+
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Re: The Blacklist. WTF is going on?! Is Tom Keem a spy or isn't he? Is Red looking out for Liz or is he messing with her. The twists last night, wow! I was just starting to think I had this show figured out. Well, I guess not! There are so many layers. I doubt we will even find out this season, you know? I realy hope this doesn't become one of those shows that just drag the mystery out until nothing makes sense. I need some sort of resolution to stay invested other wise it will all just go downhill after season 2. I hate that!

~Kelsy~ 

#88 ruth

ruth

Chief

• Chief
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

You aren't the only one confused - so is everyone on screen including Liz and her superiors. At least we know that whoever has the house bugged isn't working with Reddington. I caught most of the show despite changing back and forth between that and the baseball game.

roarkebar.gif

#89 chevy

chevy

Officer

• Members+
  • 307 posts

• Favorite Character: eve

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

During last night's episode, the captured russian spy, said something that led me to believe that Red was involved in liz's husband's set-up. My mistake is in not DVRing it. If I get distracted, or the phone rings, if you miss a line, there's no way to go back.

I don't think the FBI is bugging their house, or else Liz & her husband would have been on their radar.My opinion is that Red is doing it- that way he can keep track of both of them.

#90 ruth

ruth

Chief

• Chief
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

No - according to the apple eating guy who is doing the surveillance, Red isn't involved - at least with them. He made the observation that hubby wasn't involved with Red and they were wondering who he was involved with - we have someone who isn't involved with Red, or the FBI - its a 3rd party - who they are involved with is the big question. I was switching back and forth between the World Series and Blacklist mostly during Blacklist commercials so I saw most of it.

roarkebar.gif

#91 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 6,955 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

I actually thought they would do what they did. Investigate Tom and make Red look like the bad guy. I still think that in the end, Tom will prove to be a deep cover spy for someone, probably not the U.S. Red knows him and knows he's a bad guy, but can't prove it for now, because the hit-woman took the fall, which I imagine was part of someone's friend. The 'watchers' don't know who Tom works for, only that it isn't Red. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out, but regardless of Red being a bad guy, I think he is being straight with Lizzie. 

Laie_42.gif

Baltasar Gracian

#92 ruth

ruth

Chief

• Chief
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

Well - I would say between tonight's episode and next week's - there is a definite family connection of some kind between Lizzie and Reddington.

roarkebar.gif

#93 KelsyCisTaken

KelsyCisTaken

Detective

• Members+
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

I haven't watched yet! It's not on here for another hour.

~Kelsy~ 

#94 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 6,955 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

Yes, please remember that we get shows three hours later, Ruth. Don't spoil us.  :P

Laie_42.gif

Baltasar Gracian

#95 ruth

ruth

Chief

• Chief
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

You people on the West Coast are so annoying. I didn't even get into everything else that happened. or what led me to the conclusion that I came to a couple of posts above. I could just be whistling in the dark.

roarkebar.gif

#96 KelsyCisTaken

KelsyCisTaken

Detective

• Members+
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Ahhhhh!!! I think you're right, Ruth. There has to be some kind of connection there. I wonder if Red IS actually Liz's father. (And I wasn't complaining, you didn't give anything away! I was more jealous than anything. You east coasters get to watch everything first! No fair! ;) )

Also- I just can't picture Wilson (LOL) as a murderer. That was just too weird. He will always be sweet, caring Wilson to me!

~Kelsy~ 

#97 ruth

ruth

Chief

• Chief
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

You did see next week's highlights right?

roarkebar.gif

#98 KelsyCisTaken

KelsyCisTaken

Detective

• Members+
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

You did see next week's highlights right?

Yes! Such a tangled web! You know, at first I only watched the show because of Spader. But after episode 3, it got really good. I love him as an actor and that's enough to keep me watching. I'm so pleased that its actually a good show! Do you think we will actually find anything out next week or do you think they will drag it out? I hope they give us something!!

http://m.eonline.com...scene-i-ve-done

I read this article today on E! Looks like Tom and Red are going to meet soon! Can't wait!

~Kelsy~ 

#99 ruth

ruth

Chief

• Chief
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

They'll drag it out - otherwise there'd be no show. There must be some really painful memories there for Reddington to order the house blown up. It didn't hit me that it was in the plan until they got ready to leave - what a waste of what could again be a perfect gem of a house. Was there anything under the wood that he pried away from the wall? The only reason I started watching it was because of James Spader (Boston Legal fan here). I'm happy its a good show and is doing so well. Last year the two new shows I started watching both got cancelled. 666 Park Avenue had been picked up for additional episodes and then its sets got demolished by Hurricane Sandy and ABC decided to cut its losses and cancelled it. I watched Vegas with Dennis Quaid until it moved to Friday night and was then cancelled. It was like "What's the point? Its been cancelled". So - here's to a long life for Blacklist. I was listening to the Howie Carr radio show yesterday and he had his normal Monday TV news with Max Robins who used to work for TV Guide and until recently the Paley Center for Television (now works for Forbes Magazine). Both he and Howie's producer Sandy were trying to talk him into watching Blacklist.

roarkebar.gif

#100 KelsyCisTaken

KelsyCisTaken

Detective

• Members+
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

. Was there anything under the wood that he pried away from the wall? .

I didn't see anything so this is just speculation... But it made me think of a growth chart. We have one like that at our house. Keeping track of the kids height as they grow? It did seem like it would be too tall for the girl in Red's memory but you never know. It could be something else entirely.
And I totally understand about getting into new shows only to have them cancelled. I have been so hesitant to pick up anything new because of it. I'm glad Blacklist is so good. Here's to a long run, indeed!

Edited by KelsyCisTaken, 05 November 2013 - 08:07 AM.

~Kelsy~ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users