#1 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Lt. Eve Dallas

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

AJ, I'm loving playing with the ability to change the colors of the site to match my mood. I know you're not done with the upgrade as yet, but I have to say that since I've been on and playing you've added the banner and it looks very cool in a darker red color. So far everything I've played with has worked.

Laie_42.gif

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. 

#2 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

AJ, I'm loving playing with the ability to change the colors of the site to match my mood. I know you're not done with the upgrade as yet, but I have to say that since I've been on and playing you've added the banner and it looks very cool in a darker red color. So far everything I've played with has worked.

Thanks, Lelani!

For everyone else who doesn't know what Lelani is talking about, our new forum upgrade includes the ability to change the forum color to whatever you want.

You might have noticed that when you logged on, the forum was a fairly horrific neon green. Well, that can be easily changed, and here's how. Go to the top of the forum, and look for the "paintbrush" icon:

Attached File  colorpicker1.jpg   27.38KB   2 downloads

Click that icon, and you get a popup box where you can pick your own custom color for the site!

Attached File  colorpicker2.jpg   38.07KB   1 downloads

Pick any color from the color slider, and any shade of that color in the big box at the left. When you've picked the color you want, click on the green button at the bottom right corner, and you're done! The forum will now stay that color until you choose a different color. You can make it your favorite color, or match the current "In Death" book that's out, or match your favorite "In Death" Book. The color of the forum is completely up to you!

I'll post some other really cool features to the new forum shortly.

Any questions, just post them here.

Thanks!

#3 bigd_041555

bigd_041555

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,374 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve Dallas

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

I like the new look and the fact that you can change the colours!

The only thing I can't see is a link at the top for the wiki.
Diane

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

#4 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 1st Deputy Commissioner
  • 11,620 posts

• Favorite Character: Detective Peabody

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

How do I post a photo? The Image icon is only giving me a URL box.
It was as if the world was presenting her with everything she wanted ... in all the wrong ways. 

Eloisa James, Three Weeks With Lady X

#5 Rabb

Rabb

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,796 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

My avatar is blank. How do I get the old one back, it was from here. :)

"It's hard to resist a bad boy who's a good man. They'll knock the legs right out from under you." - Mrs G. to Parker in "Happy Ever After" by Nora Roberts.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Joe

Joe

Baxter's Personal Therapist

• Chief
  • 9,235 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke and Baxter...I like the boys.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

Cool. I have a purple page. :lol:

#7 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

Attached File  Karma.JPG   140.57KB   4 downloads

How do I post a photo? The Image icon is only giving me a URL box.

Carole, hit the greyed out 'More Reply Options' and then it allows you to attach a picture file.

Okay, here's my wish list. And, no rush, AJ, just wanting to get these items on your 'to do' list.

1) A 'return to top' button
2) Random Quotes and please be able to link those already posted. It took a really long time to load all of those quotes. :)

Laie_42.gif

#8 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

WOW!
Posted Image
"He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...)

Women are much like angels. When you break our wings we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why so many people appear to be bright until they open their mouths.

Diva of In Death

#9 alwaysreading

alwaysreading

Civilian

• Non-Active Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

I am having a much easier time navigating the site with my Smartphone since the upgrade. Works great!

#10 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

My avatar is blank. How do I get the old one back, it was from here. :)

Go to the top of the page where it shows your username. Click that, then click "My Settings". The very first setting should be to change your photo.

AJ

#11 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

Okay, here's my wish list. And, no rush, AJ, just wanting to get these items on your 'to do' list.

1) A 'return to top' button
2) Random Quotes and please be able to link those already posted. It took a really long time to load all of those quotes. :)

There is a "return to top" button at the very bottom, but I'll see if I can't figure out how to get it on every post like before.

Random quotes are fixed. I think.

AJ

PS: Fixed the "return to top" feature...you'll now see it on the left hand side at the bottom of all posts.

#12 vettech

vettech

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

Can't remember where we have pictures here to use as our avatar. I think that's got to be where I got my Hugh Jackman before. Anyone know where I should go. I want the same picture I did have.
LISA
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

Can't remember where we have pictures here to use as our avatar. I think that's got to be where I got my Hugh Jackman before. Anyone know where I should go. I want the same picture I did have.

Because of the way they're doing avatars now, it's not so easy to replace one that you had previously. I can try to find your picture, but you can also try to find it online somewhere, or find one you like better.

AJ

#14 vettech

vettech

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

Because of the way they're doing avatars now, it's not so easy to replace one that you had previously. I can try to find your picture, but you can also try to find it online somewhere, or find one you like better.

AJ

I may have to get some instruction on that, I've had no luck putting pictures on this site. I know you tried to tell me how to do it, but the pics I have say they are all too big and I have no way of making them small enough to fit here. I really need to find something though that phantom silhouette has to go!!
LISA
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

Just FYI, here are a couple of the new features of the new board that I think you'll all like:
  • Autosaves your posts! I think we've all had that annoying problem of typing out a really long post that made the exact point we wanted to make in exactly the way we wanted to make it, only to have some oddball thing happen, and the post completely disappears. Well NO MORE! The board will save your post, so that if something odd happens, you'll still have it!!
  • Alerts you when someone has posted something since you've been typing! Again, it's happened to all of us that we're typing out our reply to a post, and at the same time, someone else types out a reply and posts it, and we don't know until we post ours that it's the same, or that they've made another point or whatever. Now, the board will show you an alert box when someone else has added to the discussion while you've been typing!
I'll outline some other new features as we go along.

AJ

AJ

I may have to get some instruction on that, I've had no luck putting pictures on this site. I know you tried to tell me how to do it, but the pics I have say they are all too big and I have no way of making them small enough to fit here. I really need to find something though that phantom silhouette has to go!!

Lisa,

Easiest way would be to go to Google, search for Images, and type in: hugh jackman Icons

Those will be small enough to work for you. But, the regular Google Image search also has a feature where you can sort by size. You can also put the exact size of the photo you want. Search for photos that are 150px x 150px. That size is perfect for an avatar. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about on the google search page:

Attached File  avatarsearch.jpg   130.92KB   5 downloads

When you find one, download it to your computer in a place where you'll know where it is. Then go to your "My Settings", click on "Change photo" and there's a place at the very top where you can choose what photo to upload.

Let me know if you have any problems.

AJ

#16 vettech

vettech

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Well, I had this one on my comp , so i am just experimenting with this picture thing. Not sure I'm going to keep this pic up though. He is rather nice to look at though isn't he?! :wink_smilie:

Thanks AJ, I'll have a look at those other pics, wish they had one of Hugh like this one.
LISA

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

Lisa, ick! Please find a Hugh pic and fast!

AJ, thanks for being so quick to get all of the features/functions back!

Laie_42.gif

#18 Rabb

Rabb

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for the info about how to find and put up a new av. :)

The site looks great AJ!! Thanks for all your hard work.

"It's hard to resist a bad boy who's a good man. They'll knock the legs right out from under you." - Mrs G. to Parker in "Happy Ever After" by Nora Roberts.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 WickedWitchOfTheWest

WickedWitchOfTheWest

Deputy Inspector

• Chief
  • 3,059 posts

• Favorite Character: Eve and Roarke - they're more fun together

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

I really like the new skin - and I won't mention how much time I just wasted getting exactly the shade of green I wanted - but I'm also being surprised by all the little changes. Very, very cool. Thank you, AJ! :bravo:

Also...
Spoiler

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Dumbledore

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen, Anthem

#20 Nandi

Nandi

Lieutenant

• Members+
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

It took me a second to catch on to this being something new. lol. Honestly thought this was a side effect of my medications. Just got released from the hospital after a three week stay. Checked in to see what I missed and when I saw this I was afraid I was on tne wrong site,but after studying it for a while,I'm still lost,but I'll get the hang of it when I get myself together. Earlier in my illness I was pretty much able to bounce back after treatment,but lately it has rtaken longer. Even spent my birthday in chemo( 26th) sucked, but at least I'm still on this side of the dirt!!!! That's always a good thing at any time. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! MAKE IT A GREAT ONE!!! Because I truly intend to do so as much as possible.
Evil thrives when good men do nothing...... So do something. :original: Peabody,with me!! :eka: and :roarkerules: NANDI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users