Photo

The Dust Bunnies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 1st Deputy Commissioner
  • 11,013 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

I've been going through the Harmony series on audio, so I thought it would be fun to track the Dust Bunnies we know and love and their special quirks.

Fuzz: Loves pretzels. Saved his companion's life by leading her out of the catacombs. Starts wearing a bow in his fur after Lydia & Emmett's wedding. First dust bunny we know to father children with his (temporary?) mate Ginger. (After Dark and After Glow)

Rose: fashionista bunny, borrows her companion's bracelets to wear as necklaces. Loves cookies, especially peanut butter and chocolate chip. Brought her companion orchid-type flowers and eventually leads her to the underground jungle/rainforest.( Ghost Hunter)

Araminta: Eats. a lot. Probably in heat, seems to have decided Max is a suitable mate. Identifies her companion as able to work an alien relic as therapy for bad psi burns. (Silver Master)

Max: Fascinated by paper clips, chooses special ones to add to a chain that hangs on his companion's desk lamp. Falls for Araminta immediately. (Silver Master)

Elvis: Hey, he's Elvis, what more is there to say? Except that he loves flying around in his balloon-powered basket. (Dark Light)

Vincent: Wears a red beret but if dust bunnies have ears, he has both of his as far as we know. Creates modern art on canvases provided by his companion, but to her distress, also on her walls, floor and refrigerator. (Obsidian Prey)

Gibson: The biker bunny. (more to come, once people have had a chance to read Midnight Crystal)

"Romance novels are birthday cake and life is often peanut butter and jelly. I think everyone should have lots of delicious romance novels lying around for those times when the peanut butter of life gets stuck to the roof of your mouth." Janet Evanovich, 1988

#2 IDFAN

IDFAN

Eve's stunt double for sex scenes

• Chief
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

I like this picture of Gibson from Jayne's Facebook page.

Attached Files

Laie_42.gif

True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.

Baltasar Gracian

#3 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

Look's kind of like Ferguson, my daughter's shih tzu.
Posted Image
"He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...)

Women are much like angels. When you break our wings we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why so many people appear to be bright until they open their mouths.

Diva of In Death

#4 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

It's actually an Angora rabbit, but it definitely is mostly hair.

Laie_42.gif

True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.

Baltasar Gracian

#5 Donna

Donna

Inspector

• Chief
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:22 AM

It's actually an Angora rabbit, but it definitely is mostly hair.

So's Ferg (hair, not rabbit...)
Posted Image
"He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...He's just a fictional character...)

Women are much like angels. When you break our wings we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why so many people appear to be bright until they open their mouths.

Diva of In Death

#6 Roarkesbabe

Roarkesbabe

Rookie

• Members+
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

This post piqued my interest in reading it! Can I just ask, what are Dust Bunnies besides the obvious! Is this a futuristic series too? i have read a few of the Arcane Society but none of this series of her. Can anyone tell me a little about the series? I am always looking for a new author to "discover"!!

#7 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:33 AM

Jayne Anne Krentz writes contemporary novels under her real name, historical novels under the pen name Amanda Quick and futuristic novels under the name Jayne Castle. Her latest Arcane books were a trilogy with one book penned in each time frame under each pen name.

I personally really like her Castle books. Her Harmony series takes place on a different planet, Harmony, after humans develop space flight, but due to the fact that the environment broke down the technology they brought with them and the worm hole that allowed them to get there collapsed, they are at about at the same level of technology that we are now, The environment allows for the development of skills that humans on earth don't possess or the increase in skills that are mostly latent in humans on earth. They use crystal for energy and to help them project/strengthen these 'special' abilities. They deal with the technology of an alien race that is extinct, at least on Harmony, and there are these adorable little dust bunnies that are indigenous to the planet. They are not 'pets', but partners with the female leads of each story line. You'll find the books in the romance section of your bookstore and they are always released in paperback.

Laie_42.gif

Baltasar Gracian

#8 judykentrus

judykentrus

Sergeant

• Members+
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

Having read the Harmony books from the very beginning, I've enjoyed the entire series. I just finished Midnight Crystal and it was very good.

Carole great synopsis of the Bunnies. IMO Gibson can certainly hold his own with the rest of them!

Lelani, great synopsis of the storyline.

After I finish my current book, I think I'll go back and do a re-read of the series.
JUDY

#9 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,013 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

The Jayne Castle books are all futuristic and paranormal, and she began including the Arcane Society in the last few books, first as hints that the Society operates on Harmony and now the lastest is the third in an Arcane trilogy.

The Harmony books are:

"Bridal Jitters" in CHARMED anthology
AFTER DARK - Book 1
AFTER GLOW - Book 2 (After Dark and After Glow are also combined in a reprint called Harmony)
GHOST HUNTER - Book 3
SILVER MASTER - Book 4
DARK LIGHT - Book 5
OBSIDIAN PREY - Book 6
MIDNIGHT CRYSTAL - Book 7 (this is third in the Arcane Society Dreamlight trilogy)

Jayne also wrote three books with a similar theme set on a different world but also paranormal, more romance than romantic suspense (which is how I'd classify Harmony)

Amaryllys
Zinnia
Orchid

"Romance novels are birthday cake and life is often peanut butter and jelly. I think everyone should have lots of delicious romance novels lying around for those times when the peanut butter of life gets stuck to the roof of your mouth." Janet Evanovich, 1988

#10 IDFAN

IDFAN

• Chief
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:45 AM

I like all of the Castle books, but I think my favorite book is Shield's Lady. Great story that was very well developed and lots of intriguing ideas. I think it was originally written under the pen name Amanda Glass, but it was rereleased as a Castle and as it takes place on another world and in the future, it fits right in.

Laie_42.gif

Baltasar Gracian

#11 Roarkesbabe

Roarkesbabe

Rookie

• Members+
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

Thanks SO much for all the info! Sounds like a series I would def like!! :cheer:

#12 kopperkat

kopperkat

Officer

• Members+
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

I like all of the Castle books, but I think my favorite book is Shield's Lady. Great story that was very well developed and lots of intriguing ideas. I think it was originally written under the pen name Amanda Glass, but it was rereleased as a Castle and as it takes place on another world and in the future, it fits right in.

Have to agree although from the non-harmony, non arcane books it's right up there and similiar to Crystal Flame - did you know they are releasing all the Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle books in paperback - my original copies are getting pretty ratty from reread after reread!

Okay don't think I'm nuts or anything - but I washed and dryed a very fuzzy black throw and the huge amount of lint that came off - I (just for a moment you understand) thought about trying to make a dust bunny out of dryer lint - I got over the idea pretty quick - especially since 2 days later Jayne started showing the rabbits on her site -

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"
Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 kopperkat

kopperkat

Officer

• Members+
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

Do you think that there will ever be a toy to buy? I'd buy one! I bought a 2011 KIA Soul and the salesperson (like I should have believed him) said he'd send me a hamstar like in the commercials - didn't get one of those either - but he did give me a stuffed toy squirrel - which should be embarrising for a baby boomer but it's not

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,013 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

Here's a back-on-topic update:

Fuzz: Loves pretzels. Saved his companion's life by leading her out of the catacombs. Starts wearing a bow in his fur after Lydia & Emmett's wedding. First dust bunny we know to father children with his (temporary?) mate Ginger. (After Dark and After Glow)

Rose: fashionista bunny, borrows her companion's bracelets to wear as necklaces. Loves cookies, especially peanut butter and chocolate chip. Brought her companion orchid-type flowers and eventually leads her to the underground jungle/rainforest.( Ghost Hunter)

Araminta: Eats. a lot. Probably in heat, seems to have decided Max is a suitable mate. Identifies her companion as able to work an alien relic as therapy for bad psi burns. (Silver Master)

Max: Fascinated by paper clips, chooses special ones to add to a chain that hangs on his companion's desk lamp. Falls for Araminta immediately. (Silver Master)

Elvis: Hey, he's Elvis, what more is there to say? Except that he loves flying around in his balloon-powered basket. (Dark Light)

Vincent: Wears a red beret but if dust bunnies have ears, he has both of his as far as we know. Creates modern art on canvases provided by his companion, but to her distress, also on her walls, floor and refrigerator. (Obsidian Prey)

Gibson: The biker bunny. Part-time therapy bunny for those with psi-health problems. Loves High Rez brand energy bars.

#15 kopperkat

kopperkat

Officer

• Members+
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

thanks Carole for the list - what's your favorite dust-bunny? I would love to have one for my very own - hum I wonder if they have dander and shed, what do you think?

I wonder if Jayne will ever tell us the evolution of the dust bunny?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image