Photo

Linda Howard website

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 autochef

autochef

Detective

• Members+
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:07 PM

I cannot find Linda Howard's website. Surely she has one??? Does anyone know how to find it?
Christy

#2 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,356 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:16 PM

Some authors don't have their own website as odd as that is nowadays.

I looked it up, and it looks like lindahoward.com is owned by some cyber-squatter. Not sure about the .net or any of the others. But I couldn't find any "official" site. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

AJ

#3 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 1st Deputy Commissioner
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:23 PM

I've been looking for one too, the best I could find was Romantic Times and some fan sites that don't have all her books listed. I read on some site, don't ask me which one now, that she has a site under construction.

Fries before guys, foods before dudes.

#4 autochef

autochef

Detective

• Members+
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:23 PM

Same here. I've tried several different search engines. You would think an author would want to be found!!!
Christy

#5 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,143 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:30 PM

I posted a query on the Lori Foster board, there's a lot of Howard fans there so maybe someone has the info.

The only thing I've been able to find that's even partly "official" is a Simon & Shuster board for her:
Simon Says website

#6 slightly_mad

slightly_mad

Traffic Cop

• Members+
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:35 PM

I may well be mistaken but I seem to remember reading somewhere that she did not have a site due to a past problem with a stalker. It could have been another author, but I think it was Howard.
'Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read'. Groucho Marx

#7 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,143 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:41 PM

Another Howard question--does anyone know the title of the book that follows "Sarah's Child" and "Almost Forever"?

#8 slightly_mad

slightly_mad

Traffic Cop

• Members+
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:02 PM

Do you mean the short story about Derek(?) the 16 yr old, looks and acts like an adult guy who wants to be a doctor? It's Bluebird Winter, I think. I can't think of another that's connected.
'Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read'. Groucho Marx

#9 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,143 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:14 PM

That's probably it. Thanks.

#10 Addicted

Addicted

Detective

• Members+
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:19 PM

I may well be mistaken but I seem to remember reading somewhere that she did not have a site due to a past problem with a stalker.  It could have been another author, but I think it was Howard.

I had a cyber stalker once, it was scary and it almost scared me off forums forever. We met on a forum for online gamers (I used to be very much into this online game called Runescape) and at first he seemed really cool - we had a few things in common like we were both college students, we both like Runescape, we had similar taste in books, etc. Well after a of week of pm'ing each other on the boards he asked me out and I told him that one of my steadfast rules was that I didn't do long distance relationships so I just wanted us to be friends and he seemed really fine with it.

We did become really good online friends for a while and we would talk a lot online over AIM the way young college students do but a month later he told me he wanted to be more than friends with me and I told him again that while I valued his friendship, I didn't think of him that way.

And than he said: "So even if I transferred over to your school your saying I don't have a shot in hell?"

I was really taken aback by this and I was like...where did that come from?

Than he started kind of online yelling at me, saying that I "led him on" and things like that and and at first I tried to make peace and soothe over his hurt feelings but than it got to the point where I was like whoa, whoa...what...so I just logged off and stepped away from my computer. He wrote me an email the next day that was full of apologies and things like that but he had really scared me with his messages so I didn't write him back. Later that day, he wrote me another email full of "who do you think you are" and "do you know who I am" kind of messages and I honestly was so freaked out I stopped reading his email, and he sent me at least ten a day. And than he somehow found out my phone number and he started calling me...

It was so freaky, I had to change my email, my phone....I was just lucky that this guy went to college in Cally otherwise who knows what other kind of stuff this guy might have done?
“Ocean: a body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”
-- Ambrose Bierce

“The difference between sex and death is that with death you can do it alone and no one is going to make fun of you.”
-- Woody Allen

"You just have to give guys a chance sometimes. You meet a guy and think hes a pig but than later on you realize he actually has a really good body."
-- Amy Wong, "Love Labours Lost In Space" Futurama

"Statistics prove that most guys prefer skinny girls with cancer over healthy girls with bulging thighs."
-- The Late Great Gilda Radner Who Was Taken From Us Way Too Soon. From Her SNL Skit "Goodbye Saccharin"

"It's an unfair world child. Be glad you have friends."
--Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full Of Sky"

#11 Gizzmom

Gizzmom

Detective

• Members+
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:15 PM

:drool: At a writer's conference in New Orleans, LH said she didn't have a website because she lived in a vey isolated area in the Georgia mountains and didn't have a reliable web server available to her. ((shrug)) And here I thought AOL was everywhere... kinda like McD's.

Gizzmom

P.S. Favorite LH book is HEART OF FIRE...Ben Lewis is :letch: :drool: :faint:

Least favorite was AFTER THE NIGHT. Hero in that one was in serious need of castration. And heroine needed to be bitch-slapped for putting up with him. :furious:

#12 MegRen

MegRen

Officer

• Members+
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:44 PM

P.S.  Favorite LH book is HEART OF FIRE...Ben Lewis is  :letch:  :drool:  :faint:

Least favorite was AFTER THE NIGHT.  Hero in that one was in serious need of castration.  And heroine needed to be bitch-slapped for putting up with him. :furious:

Woo hoo!!! I LOVED Heart of Fire. I think I needed a cold shower after their little "shower" scene. Whew. :blush:

I also thought Gray was a little horn dog in After the Night. Although it was pretty cool that he said if he spoke French during the act that it meant he really wasn't into it. And all he could do with Faith was kinda grunt. Hee hee. :clapping: :thumbsup:

#13 autochef

autochef

Detective

• Members+
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:49 PM

Another Howard question--does anyone know the title of the book that follows "Sarah's Child" and "Almost Forever"?

Are these three books a series?
Christy

#14 Guest_stowe_*

Guest_stowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:36 PM

In the same way that Heartbreaker, Diamond Bay and White Lies are a series (there's another one in there - Midnight Rainbow?) Or, more recently, the way Kill & Tell and All the Queen's Men are connected - similar sort of minor character overlap. (Sorry, John Medina fans, I know he's not a minor character!)

Hey, does anyone know what Kiss Me While I Sleep is supposed to be about? It's due out in Hardcover in July. (she's speeding up production, isn't she? woo hoo!)

#15 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,143 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:03 PM

This is all I could find:

From a master of romantic suspense comes the breathtaking tale of a hired assassin, contrcted by the CIA, who is drawn into a deadly game.

Which describes her last, what, three books? ;)

#16 Carole

Carole

1st Deputy Commissioner

• 11,143 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:06 PM

Not really a series but they have connecting characters--Sarah's Child is Rome and Sarah's story and has minor character appearances by Max and Derek, then Almost Forever is Max's story and the Bluebird one is Derek's story. But I read Almost Forever without knowing about Sarah's Child and I don't think it mattered that I hadn't read them in order.