#361 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

• Favorite "In Death" Book:

• Favorite Character: Eve

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

Ok. I couldn't get the Map to work for me, but if it's working for you, here's a map page for Midnight in Death:

That link gives me the message "There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs." There is no Edit button at the top.

Ok, I've added some temporary text. See if it can be edited now.

AJ

#362 DrGaellon

DrGaellon

Civilian

• Members
  • 8 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

AJ

Ok, I've added some temporary text. See if it can be edited now.

That fixed it. I'll work on the map later today. Conspiracy (which is the one I'm reading now) also lacks a location/map page; if you set one up for me, I'll work on that one, too.

What's the policy on addresses that don't actually exist? Obviously, we list the address as given, but I've been adding a parenthetical note saying "This address does not exist in current-day Manhattan" to explain why it doesn't appear on the map.

Edited by DrGaellon, 15 September 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#363 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

What's the policy on addresses that don't actually exist? Obviously, we list the address as given, but I've been adding a parenthetical note saying "This address does not exist in current-day Manhattan" to explain why it doesn't appear on the map.

Yes, that will work.

AJ

#364 DrGaellon

DrGaellon

Civilian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Okay, Midnight and Conspiracy are done. The wiki page for Loyalty in Death has a link to a map page, but the page itself doesn't exist, and I can't edit it unless an administrator creates a dummy page for me first.

#365 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:11 AM

Okay, Midnight and Conspiracy are done. The wiki page for Loyalty in Death has a link to a map page, but the page itself doesn't exist, and I can't edit it unless an administrator creates a dummy page for me first.

Ok, I've added map pages up through Purity.

If anyone feels ambitious, it looks like the timeline for Purity was never done, so...if anyone wants to volunteer, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!

AJ

#366 DrGaellon

DrGaellon

Civilian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

If anyone feels ambitious, it looks like the timeline for Purity was never done, so...if anyone wants to volunteer, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!

AJ

I did the timeline for Purity at the same time I did the map. I have the map ready to go for Portrait, and will be continuing forward. If you could create the map pages at your convenience, I'll upload them.

#367 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

Thanks!

AJ

I did the timeline for Purity at the same time I did the map. I have the map ready to go for Portrait, and will be continuing forward. If you could create the map pages at your convenience, I'll upload them.

Ok, I've added map pages up through Visions.

AJ

#368 DrGaellon

DrGaellon

Civilian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

Thanks!

AJ

AJ

Finished up through Visions. Hope I'm not being a pain, going fast (I was on vacation last week and was reading almost constantly).

#369 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:33 AM

Thanks!

AJ

AJ

Finished up through Visions. Hope I'm not being a pain, going fast (I was on vacation last week and was reading almost constantly).

Ok, I've added map pages up to "Obsession." That ought to hold you for awhile!  :laughing:

AJ

#370 rom&mystluvr

rom&mystluvr

Civilian

• Members
  • 41 posts

• Favorite Character: eve, mira

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

hello moderators, i messaged AJ and let her know that i just noticed that the "injuries" page was last updated 7/12.  AJ advised me to post on this thread that this page needed to be updated, if/when possible.   the last injuries listed for eve were from "indulgence in death" and for roarke where from "fantasy in death".   i would like to thank all of you moderators for your dedication and for the massive amount of time you must donate so that we can all enjoy the "in death" novels to the fullest.  tina

#371 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

hello moderators, i messaged AJ and let her know that i just noticed that the "injuries" page was last updated 7/12.  AJ advised me to post on this thread that this page needed to be updated, if/when possible.   the last injuries listed for eve were from "indulgence in death" and for roarke where from "fantasy in death".   i would like to thank all of you moderators for your dedication and for the massive amount of time you must donate so that we can all enjoy the "in death" novels to the fullest.  tina

Ok, so, maybe we can do this like a trivia game! Like....the person who can name the most injuries for the "In Death" regulars (not guest or peripheral characters) since "Fantasy" wins!

So, who can name the most injuries from: "Indulgence," "Possession," "Treachery," "New York to Dallas," "Chaos," "Celebrity," "Delusion," "Calculated," "Taken," and "Concealed"? Did I miss any?

AJ

#372 ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo

Rookie

• Members+
  • 128 posts

• Favorite Character: Roarke & Eve

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:05 AM

Hi - I'm not sure if this thread is still active since the last post was about two years ago, but I wasn't sure where else to ask.

Is there someone in charge of updating the wiki book list? I went to the "In Death book list" from the drop down menu on the above "WikiInDeath" tab. It didn't have the latest books or current info for newest released/upcoming book. I know all of you who update the wiki pages must be busy and thank you for doing so! This website is always my first stop to find out any info. :)

#373 Rhyta

Rhyta

Civilian

• Members
  • 26 posts

• Favorite Character: Mavis

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

I've noticed this for quite some time, the newest book on the timeline is from 2015.  I always come here to look things up but now I have been going to Goodreads. 

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

#374 AJ

AJ

Commissioner

• Comissioner
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

Hi - I'm not sure if this thread is still active since the last post was about two years ago, but I wasn't sure where else to ask.

Is there someone in charge of updating the wiki book list? I went to the "In Death book list" from the drop down menu on the above "WikiInDeath" tab. It didn't have the latest books or current info for newest released/upcoming book. I know all of you who update the wiki pages must be busy and thank you for doing so! This website is always my first stop to find out any info. :)

Technically, there is no-one really "in charge" of the wiki, since it's supposed to be a community effort, and most all of you who are members here should have the ability to edit. We encourage anyone who comes here and uses the Wiki as a source of information to help us keep it up. Problem is that it is extremely difficult to get people to actually contribute. So that means that the upkeep of the wiki falls to one or two people who (speaking for myself anyway) are, yes, extremely busy and can't always (or ever) find the time to contribute. 

So, as we've said so many times before, we encourage all of you to help us out by editing the wiki if you can. If you can't directly edit the wiki, you are encouraged to find other ways to contribute by putting information here that can be posted, or even just to give us a nudge if we are behind in editing. 

If you are unsure what you can do to help, just ask. We will let you know in this thread exactly what can be done to help. There are many posts in this thread where we've asked for specific help with things, and all you would have to do is find something that you feel you can do and do it. If you need help, by all means, ask.

That having been said, I have now updated the book list and main page of the Wiki.

Individual book pages still need to be filled in, so, if anyone wants to help there, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

AJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users